Should I add my eligibility to join Golden Key International Honour Society on my résumé?

It means I scored in the top 15% for my graduate year in 2005. I've heard dodgy things about the society’s reputation though. Should I add the achievement anyway? Of course I'm not a member though. What do you think? I think it'd be weird (perhaps pompous) if I just said that I got good grades instead.

Favorite Answer

If you are not a member you should not list it, as it has not been awarded to you without joining. If you feel the need you can list your top 15%, but unless you joined the society you should not list it. Say you are a really fast runner, and the track coach asks you a couple of times to run for the team, but you never do would you list "invited to join the track team" on your resume? Same deal here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Key_Internatio...

Either include it... or just state in your resume that you graduated within the upper 15% of your class.

why would you list that you could be part of it? if it was that great, youd be in it right?