Irene asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 1 decade ago

Which is a better month to go to Houston, Texas. August or September?

Which is a better month to go to Houston, Texas. August or September?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You are guaranteed hot weather in August. September, especially the end might have some relief.

I live here and just stay out of the heat during the mid day. There is air conditioning everywhere. You wouldn't go out in the rain in Oregon unless you had to, would you?

Visit the Space Center and The Galleria (great shopping). Also, westheimer and the downtown area are fun places.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

None of the months are good here. Hot weather starts in April, it is ridiculous. Easter was over 90 degrees. May is in the 90's, June upper 90's July, Aug and September upper 90's to 110's. It is not just hot, it feels like a sauna. Come between Nov-Feb, we will have somewhat decent weather, 70's or 80's. As far as nightlife, not much here. A few clubs in the empty downtown area. Seriously, for Houston being a large city, there aren't enough clubs or entertaining things to do.

• 1 decade ago

You really want to go to Houston?? On purpose????

But seriously, the weather will be the same both months: hot and humid. It just depends on what you are wanting to do while you are there.

• 1 decade ago

September! its a little cooler here than in august(not much!) but i would say if you were to come here it should be in like November

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

september

• 1 decade ago

The weathers the same...pretty much from May to October - Hot and Humid!

• 1 decade ago

probably in september cuz the weather may be cooler than aug., but its stil gonna be hot

• 1 decade ago

They are about the same. Prepare youself because it is going to be humid and hot.

• Andrea
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

september. airline tickets are cheaper since school starts for students.

• 1 decade ago

I would say neither, but if you had to choose I would say September.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.