Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Do immigrants only come to America from Mexico?!?

Once again, our illustrious President (or the puppet that claims to be our leader) has made a choice to send the National Guard to the Mexican border to help assist in preventing illegal immigration. However, last time I checked, Chinese (and Asians in general) illegals were being shipped into our ports, Cubans were swimming over to Florida, and Canadians were selling fake passports to Pakistanis and sending them in through Washington. Not to mention the illegal Europeans who come to the eastern side of the states. So, why do we only need to protect our southern Mexican border with troops??? Bush has made reference to the war on terror and protecting our borders from terrorists...but there were not any Mexican terrorists on 9/11, and Im not aware of any Mexican terrorists. However, I am aware that 14 of the 19 9/11 suspects were Saudi Arabians, yet the President wants to allow them to run our ports and weapons factories.... Anyone else seeing a pattern here??

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Estimating the gross numbers of illegals entering the U.S., Census figures show that 90 percent of illegal immigration comes from Latin America, with 70 percent of the total from Mexico.

The last decade has witnessed a tidal wave of illegal Mexican immigration.

The Center for Immigration Studies noted:

"Indeed, the last decade saw an unprecedented number of Mexicans cross the U.S. border. Between 1990 and 2000, their number doubled- from 4.2 million to 9.2 million, or 30 percent of the entire foreign-born population in the United States. Within this number, unauthorized Mexicans grew by more than 100 percent - from 2 million to 4.8 million, or 69 percent of all illegal aliens in the United States."

Though the Mexican government should be embarrassed that 10 percent of its people have fled to the U.S. from Mexico, President Vicente Fox's administration has embraced this reality. In fact, increasing the number of Mexicans working illegally in the United States is among Mexico's highest foreign policy objectives.

Of course, not all illegal aliens come from Mexico.

In 1997, the illegal alien population was 54 percent Mexican.

The illegal alien population is currently 70 percent Mexican,

with 30 percent coming from other countries.

Latin America, including Mexico, is the source of 90 percent of illegal aliens entering into the United States.

A 2004 Fox News article stated that "it is not just Mexicans who are flooding into our border states anymore. Along with the Nicaraguans, Brazilians, Venezuelans, Ecuadorians, and Chileans, agents of the Border Patrol now encounter Chinese, Pakistanis, and Indians. Nationals of countries other than Mexico are known, in Border Patrol parlance, as 'OTMs'" - Other Than Mexicans.

seeing a pattern here??

"and Im not aware of any Mexican terrorists"

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040928-123346-...

A top al Qaeda lieutenant has met with leaders of a violent Salvadoran criminal gang with roots in Mexico and the United States —

http://www.mexidata.info/id381.html

Recently there have been reported sightings of al-Qaeda operatives in Honduras. According to some observers, their alleged presence in that country conforms to their desire to secure land routes to the United States,

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/artic...

WASHINGTON -- FBI director Robert Mueller told Congress yesterday that people from countries with ties to Al Qaeda have crossed into the United States from Mexico, using false identities.

http://www.usbc.org/info/2005/feb/alqaedalikely.ht...

U.S. officials say Mexican traffickers are increasingly smuggling people from some countries that Washington says are state sponsors of terrorism. One smuggler on the route said he would take anyone, even Osama bin Laden, for a price. 'Just as long as he paid me, I'd take him. I'd take whoever,' said the seasoned immigrant trafficker in the desert near Mexicali, just across from California.

Anyone else seeing a pattern here??

Our IDIOT President has made a choice to send the National Guard to the Mexican border to help assist in preventing illegal immigration.(FINALLY, The IDIOT Stepped Up And Did Something Right)

• 1 decade ago

Thank God, that there is someone out there who feels the same way I do. People are becoming very anti-mexican. And I feel bad because my mom was once an illegal. But you are right Bush doesn't say to protect borders from terrorists which I think also means the Canadian border, but no one pays attention. Terrorists came from canada and were legal. ON the news all people talk about is illegals from mexico or south american, what about the cubans they allow to live here. Bush just wants oil and give money to the rich.

I do believe border patrol should protect our borders from criminals and drugs. And the first start to protect the borders is to go after companies who hire illegal immigrants and make sure they everybody gets fair wages.

• 1 decade ago

True but the majority of the illegals are still coming from our southern borders. It is at a critical situation. It is 5 to 1 Mexicans. Get the drift?

• 1 decade ago

Mexicans are being targeted because they are poorer than others and they commit more crimes than other immigrants. They come in large numbers and then they have all these kids. I want the border controlled too. They come and take jobs from people who really want them but because they are cheap and don't care about the pay they take all the jobs. If they weren't here there would be more jobs for others already citizens. Mexican immigrants also cost us billions of dollars every year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its hypocritical of anyone to say that both borders should not be protected equally.Even if most illegal immigrants come from the south,it isn't safe to have open borders.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with on almost everything.but I would like more security at the boarder only because a terrorist could sneak into Mexico more easily than just coming directly to the u.s. and gain easy access to this country through Mexico.

• 1 decade ago

We need to protect all of our borders. Are you aware of the

problems we people who live close to the border are enduring? Yes, people are coming from other countries illegally too. We have to put a stop to this invasion!!! These people need to be held accountable for their illegal actions wherever they come from.

• 1 decade ago

I guess we need to stop all illegal activity and stop all people that do not have their papers or fake papers from draining the welfare monies and stop filling up our hospitals - schools and of course jails. But we will never learn we just keep paying taxes like the good people that we are .

• 1 decade ago

I`m having trouble understanding the same thing...if someone told you 85% thief's come in through the front door but, the ones that want to do you the most harm come in the other doors and windows. why is everyone looking at the front door only????

Source(s): illegals are taking our jobs..illegels are taking our wellfare.. pick one and when was the last time you seen a mexican on the corner with a sign saying homless please help god bless?? NEVER because everyone says they won`t learn english.
  • 1 decade ago

The mexicans are being targeted because they are generally poorer than some of the other immigrants.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.