Why are Christians inconsistent?

I'm not talking about inconsistencies and contradictions in the bible here. I mean to ask how can you, as a Christian, reconcile the ideas of both considering the Bible sacred and God's word which must not be questioned, and yet ignoring certain parts of it? Examples would include: Eating shellfish when... show more I'm not talking about inconsistencies and contradictions in the bible here. I mean to ask how can you, as a Christian, reconcile the ideas of both considering the Bible sacred and God's word which must not be questioned, and yet ignoring certain parts of it? Examples would include:

Eating shellfish when commanded not to.
Working on days you've been told not to.
Wearing mixed-fabric clothing when forbidden to.
Not stoning all homosexuals as you are commanded to.
Ignoring examples in the Old Testament of divinely-approved rape, genocide and slavery.
Ignoring the Old Testament altogether, when commanded by Jesus himself to still follow it.
All the other examples which you choose to ignore (and this was actually an issue brought to my attention by an Australian brotherhood of CHRISTIANS. Not part of the "evil atheist agenda".
Update: I must point out to those who say "the OT has nothing to do with our new testament"...read your own scripture again, properly. Rather wish I had my annotated bible here, as it has all such important references highlighted. :( So here's a tip; never lend your bible to your twin brother who is an even... show more I must point out to those who say "the OT has nothing to do with our new testament"...read your own scripture again, properly. Rather wish I had my annotated bible here, as it has all such important references highlighted. :( So here's a tip; never lend your bible to your twin brother who is an even stronger atheist than you are >.<