Joe
Joe asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

What's your favorite modern day rock band?

Mine would have to be Pearl jam as they play kicass music with meaningful lyrics both introspective and political songs. They have also been around longer than most modern day rock bands. Goin to see them May 25th in boston.

don't understand why tool is popular

pearl jam is out now so it is modern. they are a rock band, they arent grunge anymore and barely ever were. Ten was full of anthem rock. yeah it had a dark side but they are a classicist rock band.

if U2 is modern then PJ definitely is buddy. Although the killers are my favorite out of these others listed.

He\'s got a big gold ring which says Jesus Saves

and it\'s dented from the punch thrown at work that day

when he smashed the metal locker where he kept his things

after the big boss say You best be on your way

Favorite Answer

Bruce Springsteen!!!

Source(s): 231

I like Velvet Revolver because they have the best guitarist Slash and still the whole GNR crue except of course Axle. At first I was a bit skeptical that Scott Wielder from STP would be a good lead for them, but after watching them preform live twice they absolutely rock.

My favorite band before they broke up was Smashing Pumpkins mainly for the same reason you like Pearl Jam

I would have to say The Killers. Yeah, Pearl Jam wouldn't be considered modern, just grunge, which has been out for quite a while now. They probably do represent the "Seattle sound" of grunge the best of any of its surviving bands. Their concert should be fun!

pearl jam is definitely the best, im seeing them tomorrow the 19th in grand rapids, and the 22nd in detroit. cant wait, its going to be great. u2 is up there too, seen them a few times, they are awesome live, but pj is still my fav by far. gone and comeback are my new fave off the new album, i hope they play em. and they better play yellow ledbetter, i havent heard them play that one live yet, so ive got my fingers crossed.

Arctic Monkeys

My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and Panic! At the Disco. It's a tie b/w all of them.

Bloc Party

The Soviettes

• Sassy

U2 and they have kept up with the times for over twenty years now.

Matchbox Twenty all the way.When is their new album coming out,i dont know.Goo Goo Dolls have gone slightly pop so they dont count.For actual "rock",Nickelback

• ?

A perfect Circle, and Coheed and Cambria