Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

aaron w asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 2 decades ago

What is the Yummiest Peanut Butter in the World?

Not good that the related questions Yahoo! asked me were about people looking to gain 20 pounds of fat in 2 months, since I am a bit thick, but...

Who makes the best peanut butter in the world? Store bought stuff? And recipies for homemade?

How do I find true ambrosia?

• ?
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh, homemade definitely! It's healthier, too, since most commercial PB contains a lot of added sugar. Yes, that's right -- sugar.

Here's how I make peanut butter:

Buy four to six cups of roasted unsalted peanuts from the bulk foods section of the supermarket. Place in the bowl of your food processor, which has been fitted with the S-shaped blade (sorry, can't remember the correct name). Put the cover on the bowl.

Measure out about two-thirds of a cup of peanut oil (or canola or sunflower oil work just as well) and have it ready.

Start the food processor slowly, just to get the peanuts partially chopped. Once things get going, start drizzling in the oil (not all of it, you may not need that much). This will help the peanuts to be ground and chopped finer.

Continue for a minute or two, then stop and taste. At this point you may wish to add salt (but I never do and it tastes fine to me). And if you find the mixture dry, restart the food processor and drizzle in a little more oil.

Repeat until you achieve the consistency you like. It won't be as smooth as commercial peanut butter, but it'll be darned good all the same.

Source(s): The only drawback of this stuff is that it's about 100 calories per tablespoon and I don't know how many fat grams; on the other hand, fat from nuts is good for you, in moderation. Enjoy! EDIT: Try it with cashews instead of peanuts -- DIVINE! EDIT: I forgot to mention this makes slightly less than two pounds of peanut butter, and it must be tightly covered and stored in the refrigerator to prevent rancidity.
  • 2 decades ago

Amish peanut butter cream. It has homemade peanut butter and marshmello cream! It's delicious on apples and bananas but too sweet for a sandwich. Every time we go to IL. we go to the amish community and get peanut butter!

2 decades ago

I absolutely find the new chocolate flavour peanut butter quite nice. although too much makes you sick. it would be better as a walnut chocolate spead.

• ?

They are food from Mt. Olympus itself. I really have to control myself with them. If I had a bag of them, I'd eat myself into PB oblivion.

• 2 decades ago

Kraft smooth

• 2 decades ago

Make your own. You know what's in it and you can be sure there are no preservatives, additives or anything else that may harm you.

Fresh is always better

• 2 decades ago

Store brand always seems to be the best i dont know why.

2 decades ago

I buy JIF I really like it and you get it right at the store.

2 decades ago

sunpat xx crunchy is to die for its my fave xxx my daugter likes the smooth though with choc spread xxmmmmmmmmmm

• 2 decades ago

whole foods.....honey roasted peanut butter