How do I start dating again?

How do I start dating again? I was married for 33 years.

My husband died 11 months ago. I am afraid to try.

I want to date a christian man, one who is liberal in

politics, loves history, hates country music,loves cooking.

Likes books, is open minded, honest.

I do not want to date on line. Most of the people are not

truthful. Also, I feel like you are paying for services.

I feel like it is cheap. It makes a woman look cheap.

Favorite Answer

if you want a Christian man, don't go online or anywhere else, go to Church/es, and ofcourse, you can't have a Christian man by just relying on your own ideas or moves, you PRAY to GOD, you admit your helplessness and ask GOD for the right Christian man for you... He may be a Christian but it doesn't necessarily mean he is the right man for you. If you are really interested to have THE ONE, don't stop praying to GOD!!=) God has only 3answers for you that i'm sure of if you are praying sincerely always, --YES, NO, and WAIT... NO because you're not emotionally ready or stable yet, WAIT because GOD sees that waiting would be so much sweeter for you and thereby acknowledges God's glory over you, and YES BECAUSE GOD SEES AND FEELS THE HEARTACHES.... CONTINUE ON PRAYING FOR THAT Christian RIGHT-man for you... God Bless

Been there, lady, but you can't discount everything you hear about the internet dating services. There are some very nice, genuine males on there. Don't limit yourself against that venue. And what's the difference if you pay for it or not???? You're only paying for the connection, it's not like you are being paid to be a wh@re or something. This is the modern world and it offers you the opportunity to meet people you wouldn't normally have the chance to do because of time or distance constraints.

I know it's hard to get back into it. I was married for 20 years when my husband passed but after a time, you have to get back into life whether you want to or not. Each person has to do that in their own time and in their own way. It took me 3 years to get to that place because I wanted to be certain I was healthy enough emotionally to get there.

New things in life are always scarey but you can only fail if you don't try. Good luck.

• Sara

ah yes i feel u completely, i got otu of a 5 yr and right off teh bat i had this girl that was already interested so i got lucky taht the timing was there (not so much anymore but thats another story)....look, what u need to do is just start talking im serious i dont care if u r just standin in line at ur local cvs n maybe the dude in front of u is cute or sumthin find something he's holding or maybe he's lookin at a magazine just mention sumthin say hi just say sumthin! yea its not always gonna come out right n u might sound like an idiot sometimes but thats just ur lack of confidence cuz u been out the loop for so long, now its time 4 u to build it back up one layer at a time, as 4 ur ex no one person is the same so forget abouyt that crap completely and just make convo with random people n always be positive it draws goofd things to you maybe not right away n it might take a while but eventually you'll get ur groove back (no pun intended haha!) :)

Hello Cathy,

Well I was married for over twenty years. I divorced my wife for reasons I will not share. After I was persicuted by the x. I found most women truely felt sorry for me. I stayed away from christian groups as I though most of them were hipocrits. I am strong in my faith and don't need a fly by night church. My advice to you is seek open and honest people. Be honest with your heart, your pain and what you want in life and where you would like to go in life. Be truethful. You will find love again but be truthfull and hide nothing. I have found love and it's great because I was truthful. My Fiancee is the best women I have evr known.

RB

• Chris

Sad to hear of your loss. I expect that in the next couple of years I will be in a similar position, since my beloved wife has a terminal illness.

What am I going to do? Well, I'll keep active in church, since that's where I found my first Christian woman. And I guess I'll pray that I can find happiness again.

But for now, I'm trying not to think about that so much. I'm just savoring the good days when they happen along, and trusting my God during the bad days.

Get involved in activities that reflect your interests. Volunteer, attend community events, and look around the places you already frequent, like your church or local community center. If you sit at home, and refuse to use an on-line dating service, you won't meet anyone. Get out and have fun! The right guy will come along--and you may like him even if he doesn't fit all of your criteria!

Going to a decent Church? How about a club for adults? Bowling, Square Dancing? Something like that!

I agree that a church is a good place to meet people. Go to the groups..sometimes they go out after for a bite..don't be afraid..God will take care of everything but u have to try.

Try finding a local church in the area and get to know people, make friends and friends will know other friends you will find someone don't give up!

Maybe you'll find that kind of man in church or dancing classes. I think it's great you're moving on.