Can I eat ice cream if I have cold?

Does eating ice cream have anything to do with cold? Or is it just a myth?!

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no...I think the only way someone can catch a cold by being cold is that the cold weather may slightly lower the immune system so that you are more vulnerable to catch a virus.

However, eating ice cream with a cold will not do anything, but the dairy may cause an increase in phlegm production, which would not help your congestion.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Ice cream eating doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you have a cold; but if you eat a lot of milk products the phlegm gets thicker and it could make you feel really rotten.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It doesn't have anything to do with a cold. The cold ice cream will probably feel good on your throat but it's a milk product which is mucus producing. I would eat it anyway.

• 1 decade ago

I think the myth is milk products coat the throat, but I'd eat ice cream.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's a myth. If you want some ice cream, by all means have some.

• moved
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Myth. The viruses that cause colds and the flu are spread by microscopic droplets from an infected person's respiratory system. You can eat and drink cold things.

• 1 decade ago

Yes you can eat ice cream and no it doesn't have anything to do with a cold.Eat up I love ice cream!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Eating ice cream won't hurt. In fact, if you also have a sore throat, ice cream will help alleviate it a bit.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Milk products can cause Mucus. You could have a milk allergy or slight lactose intolerence if you actually CRAVE milk products on a daily basis. Try going without them for 30 days & see if you feel better. Sometimes just cutting down to Non-Fat helps. An allergist can test you for a 100% diagnosis.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Never heard a myth about icecream, that's a new one to me. You can eat whatever you want with a cold.

Source(s): Reality.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.