Can I eat ice cream if I have cold?

Does eating ice cream have anything to do with cold? Or is it just a myth?!

Favorite Answer

no...I think the only way someone can catch a cold by being cold is that the cold weather may slightly lower the immune system so that you are more vulnerable to catch a virus.

However, eating ice cream with a cold will not do anything, but the dairy may cause an increase in phlegm production, which would not help your congestion.

Ice cream eating doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you have a cold; but if you eat a lot of milk products the phlegm gets thicker and it could make you feel really rotten.

It doesn't have anything to do with a cold. The cold ice cream will probably feel good on your throat but it's a milk product which is mucus producing. I would eat it anyway.

I think the myth is milk products coat the throat, but I'd eat ice cream.

It's a myth. If you want some ice cream, by all means have some.

• moved

Myth. The viruses that cause colds and the flu are spread by microscopic droplets from an infected person's respiratory system. You can eat and drink cold things.

Yes you can eat ice cream and no it doesn't have anything to do with a cold.Eat up I love ice cream!!!

Eating ice cream won't hurt. In fact, if you also have a sore throat, ice cream will help alleviate it a bit.

Milk products can cause Mucus. You could have a milk allergy or slight lactose intolerence if you actually CRAVE milk products on a daily basis. Try going without them for 30 days & see if you feel better. Sometimes just cutting down to Non-Fat helps. An allergist can test you for a 100% diagnosis.

• ?

Never heard a myth about icecream, that's a new one to me. You can eat whatever you want with a cold.

Source(s): Reality.