are you sure England the can wid word cup?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Im sure they wont sorry

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Sphinx is an idiot.

We have arguably the strongest defence in the World Cup.

Any combination of Terry, Ferdinand and Campbell is without doubt the strongets central defence in the world. Ashley Cole is arguably the best left back in the world, Roberto Carlos has had his day and is the only real contender to the title. Gary Neville is solid and has played at the highest level for the last 10 years, he can be a bit ropey at times but there is certainly noone better in England and I can't think of any teams in the world cup that he would not make.

Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Joe Cole are all world class. Cole is the weekest link bvut still more than capable of doing a good job. I think this is the strongest midfield in World Cup.

Crouch can hold the ball up and Owen will be fit although not as sharp as I would like. With the offensive options we have in midfield there should be no shortage of goals.

Could Sven has picked a better squad? Probably, the inclusion of Darren Bent would have given another attacking option even as it is I don't think we have any reason to fear anybody, even Brazil. This squad is stronger than when England went into the 2002 Cup and the Euro. We have only lost 2 competitive games since the beginning of Japan 2002, one to Brazil (lost to a Ronaldinho mistake) and one to Portugal, (you will also recall that Sol Campbell scored the winner against Portugal which was wrongly disallowed we only lost on Penalties). If we had of beten Brazil I have no doubt we would have won the final and the same goes for Euro 2004.

To recap

England first 11 will on paper give us the best Defence and Midfield there. We are short on options up front but Lampard banged in 16 goals in the Premiership last season and Gerrard 19 goals in all competitions. We will not be short of goals!

Sphinx was talking rubbish and should get a red card.

• 1 decade ago

Of course they can win. After all, the World Cup is a short tournament and anyone stringing a few good matches together can claim the title in the end.

However, it is not likely to happen. Without Rooney, with a departing manager, a group that is tougher than what it initially looks and the traditional bad luck the Brits have endured in the tournament, I'd say England would be fortunate to reach the semis. To me, they bail out in the second round.

• sphinx
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Dunno..their aquad doesn't look like a world-cup winning team...look at italy,spain,brasil,france and argentina's squads..... don't think england has a chance against them....the defence is not strong enough to stop ronaldinho or totti the strikers are all injured or didn't get enough game time before the tournamnet...they have a pretty strong midfeild..but don't think that's enough to win such a major tournament...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

absolutely.

england had an over-reliance on Rooney. exceptionally talented as he is, england have the best squad of players they've ever had. joe cole is another player with a strong creative streak who can turn a game in an instant. the entire england midfield is probably the envy of the world. we also still have Michael Owen and a solid defence.

• VIRDS
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

no way thay, sven has wrecked all chances with the lack of strykers. He has actually chosen only one Peter crouch the others are injured and the young one has never scored in the premiership,well he has not even played a game.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah.....

England is a contender to win the WC..

England has perfect players in every line.

• 1 decade ago

Yup

• who say that they are the worst team in the last few months it may be the Brazil or someone else

• 1 decade ago

YES IF Rooney RECOVERS OR WALCOTT PERFORMS

Source(s): SPORT NEWS
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.