What does pay currency mean on a job application?

I am filling out an online application with a company, and in the section where you have to fill out your employment history, I was asked about my pay raye, hourly pay, and pay currency. I'm wondering if they want to know what currency was I paid in, be it pounds, pesos, or dollar bills

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes.

Is it a foreign-owned company? If they have employees all over the world, then they want to know what currency you want to be paid in, or have been paid in.

Do you want to be paid in Yen or in Dollars?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Online Surveys For Cash : http://OnlineSurveys.iukiy.com/?gMUf
  • 3 years ago

Currency Meaning

• Joanne
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Apply to as many places as you can. Also, be prepared to go get a work permit from your school if you are required to. It will appeal, but make sure you write down it was family-owned. From my experience, they probably just hired or will start hiring soon for baggers. Usually they hire once every few months for the high-turnover positions. You may not be able to be a cashier because of your age and the fact that you may not be held accountable for as much money as someone who is 18 depending on local laws. Also, don't count on one place even if they say they will call you. I put in over two hundred applications till I found a job in a new area because they weren't hiring at that moment. Now I get about five phone calls a day with job offers. Most places are entering a hiring phase right now. I worked as a waitress for my first job and then two years as a floor clerk in a retail store, an electronics clerk, and now I am a cashier at a pets store.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yep, that's what they want to know. Most applications just assume that you got paid in whatever currency is common in the area that you are applying for, but with globalization it is becoming a more and more common question.

• 4 years ago

Gross salary in Nigeria Currency

• 1 decade ago

Currency = type of money

• 4 years ago

Take Surveys Earn Money : http://OnlineSurveys.uzaev.com/?PzBo

• Ryan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They want to know what you want to get paid with.

• 1 decade ago

yes, thats what they want to know, but in the us, you arent required to tell them your current rate of pay....be careful

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.