Patriotism- why is our military comprised mainly of low/middle-class soldiers? Where's the upper-class?

I have 5 sons-ages 20, 19, 17 (twins) & 10. My nineteen yr. old is just finishing traing with the Nartional Guard-Army & one of my twins will be going into the Marines this summer. My 20 yr. old has a medical problem that prevents him from joining & he was quite disappointed. We are basically a middle class family.... show more I have 5 sons-ages 20, 19, 17 (twins) & 10. My nineteen yr. old is just finishing traing with the Nartional Guard-Army & one of my twins will be going into the Marines this summer. My 20 yr. old has a medical problem that prevents him from joining & he was quite disappointed. We are basically a middle class family. Neither their father nor I were ever in the military. Even my son who is not joining said that if there was a draft he would have no problem dying for the country he loves. Statisically speaking, very few upper income kids join the military. Why is that? Also, after 911 everybody became a true patriot-waving flags all over the place...except I didn't see any flags on the most expensive cars or houses. Why are the rich not as patriotic as the rest of us?