Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

what is the best hangover cure and dont tell me "Dont Drink" that is the lamest way to cure hangovers help me!

dont tell me "Dont Drink" that is the lamest way to cure hangovers help me! i need real answers

Favorite Answer

drink alot of water before you go out and when you get home dont eat bread. eat something greasy before you go out it will coat your stomach making less alochol in your sysytem ie you dont get drunk....if you have a bad hangover choke down 2 pieces of DRY toast this will soak up all the liquid in your system making you feel better

oh yeah dont take aspirin it causes stomach bleeding

Source(s): i worked in a liquior store for 4 yrs

Hangovers usually occur due to dehydration caused by the alcohol, so drinking plenty of water every time you wake up after a night of moderate to heavy drinking, will help. A little OJ--if your tummy can tolerate the acidity--in the water is good too, for the vitamin C. In fact, you should take Vit. C BEFORE drinking, and then B vitamins after--along with lots of water, of course. You should wake up with NO HANGOVER by morning.

Have to agree with "Hair of the Dog"! As hard as it might be have one of whatever gave you the hangover in the first place. After that have one more but eat something hearty and greasy while drinking it. Trust me!!! Bartending for 18+ years and it is a sure cure. Unless you can stomach bloody mary's - then make sure it is spicy and GOOD VODKA! Otherwise I go with the "Hair"

Before you go to bed take a minute to down 2 Tylenols and a Gravol (anti-nausea medication) with 2 Huge glasses of water. You can't beat the tiredness without sleeping but you can wake up without the headaches and heaves. If that doesn't work just buy a tent because for some reason when I'm camping I can wake up early the next morning ready to go again!! :o)

Ok here it is. If your not too drunk the night before to remember...Drink water before bed or floor which ever the case may be .upon awakening drink tomatoe juice chug at least half a small can. thats it. hang over symptoms will begin to go away within minutes.I swear this works well. If a very nasty hang over is the case drink more juice take tylonal call in sick.eat toast crackers.

Source(s): lifes lessons few friends- control group worked for 4 out of 5.

hair of the dog and grease

Caesar and a greasy breakfast

Caesar

1 1/2 oz vodka

fill with clamato juice

3 dashes Tabasco sauce

3 dashes Worcestershire sauce

Line the rim of a glass with salt and pepper. Over ice, add vodka, fill with clamato juice, then add the remaining ingredients. Garnish with a celery stick. Add more tabasco sauce if desired.

Before you start drinking, down a few Red bulls or energy drinks. In the morning down a couple more with a big fatty/oily breakfast. Works for me.

Source(s): Experience

Gatorade's Propel Sport Water or apple juice. You get B vitamins from the Propel and Vitamin C from apple juice plus water for rehydration. I can't stand to drink plain water the next day. It makes want to heave.

Source(s): personal experience

Actually haveing a drink first thing in the morning, then switching to orange juice or grapefruit juice works best for me! Grapefruit juice is a great detoxer

If you dont stop drinking, you´ll never have a hangover again.

But, if you have to, try drink a cup of tomato´s juice.

Well... actually is "keep drinking".

I have friends that tell me that eating a McDonalds McChicken menu does the trick. Believe it or not.

In fact, some of them have it for breakfast.

Try it. Can't really explain how it works, though.

Goodluck!