Best credit card with airline miles?

What do you think is the best credit card for accumulating airline miles? Any suggestions? or horror stories? Details if possible. Thanks

I was looking specifically for a credit card where you can get any airline mileage, but can't think of the name!! help!

• dcgirl
    Best Answer

Be careful with credit cards and mileage programs. There are a LOT of catches common to all of the cards and you need to read the fine print...

-Interest rates can be unreal. I have a USAirways/Bank of America card that charges me 14.9% which, with my credit, is very high. The rest of my cards run about 7.9-9.9%. So I pay this USAirways card off every month. If you carry a balance, the interest is going to add up much faster than the free miles do.

-Annual fees. Many mileage cards charge $99 fee. The ones that don't usually have the higher interest.

-Redeeming miles. Not only does it take a LOT of miles to get a free ticket, there are serious restrictions as to when you can redeem credit-card-only miles. Airlines usually have three kinds of miles: ones earned from actually flying, ones earned by doing business with their partner companies (rental cars, hotels, etc), and ones earned by using their credit card. Miles earned by actually flying can be redeemed for a large number of flights (or get enough miles and you can "pay" more miles for ANY flight). Miles earned from partner businesses get the second highest number of options. And miles earned from credit cards can be very hard to redeem.

-Redemption fees: it's very common for all airlines to charge you a fee to redeem your miles. Fees can range from $25-200 depending on the airline, the card and the flight.

-Number of vouchers available for a flight: your card or airline may tell you that you can redeem your miles for 90% of their flights but they don't tell you that they may only allow ONE person to redeem miles on a particular route, or that the limit may be ONE free flight per person or flight. So you may find out that your companion is either going to have to pay for their flight, or take a separate plane.

-Flight routes. A lot of the free round trips you will actually be able to get involve two or even three layovers. I have a friend who flew from Atlanta to NYC on American Airlines; he stopped in Charlotte and DC on the way in, and Boston and Charlotte on the way back. If that had been a direct flight, it would have been just over 2 hours or so but with all the stops, it was a 9 hour travel.

I travel a LOT for work and I have the USAirways card which I pay in full every month so it works well for me. But if I had not done my homework, I would probably not say the same thing!

I'd recommend first joining the Frequent Flier programs for a few of the airlines and checking out their rules for redeeming flight and non-flight miles. Once you've chosen your program, then you can select the credit card as most airlines offer two or three cards from the same bank. The different card levels determine if you will be paying an annual fee in exchange for a lower interest rate. But in reality it is not that easy to get a free flight from your credit card usage so read the fine print very closely.

Best Credit Card For Airmiles

Definately the Northwest Airlines WorldPerks Visa. You get 100% of the miles everytime and you even get 150% of the miles. The more miles you earn, the more privlidges you'll earn. You can get WorldPerks Elite Status which is a big plus when travelling. You can also try the Continental Airlines OnePass credit card. Similar but more advantages. And if you are looking for a great credit line, go for the Delta Air Lines American Express Medallion card. Chase also has very nice reward cards.

Source(s): Airline Expert
  • Hugh

For Credit and finance solutions I always visit this website where you can find all the solutions. http://finance-solution.us/index.html?src=eXB5Rsg6...

RE :Best credit card with airline miles?

Update: I was looking specifically for a credit card where you can get any airline mileage, but can't think of the name!! help!

Follow 6 answers

Source(s): For Credit and finance solutions I always visit this website where you can find all the solutions. http://finance-solution.us/index.html?src=eXB5Rsg6...

If you enroll for an AAdvantage Citibank card, right now because of the 25th anniversary of the frequent flier anniversary you earn 25,000 miles into your American Airlines AAdvantage account. That's enough for a free round trip domestic ticket with in the US. Or start building on it and you can use it for an international ticket good on numerous international carriers that are partners in the program.

• driver

I think the credit card that Southwest Airlines has gives you the quickest redemptions.

• i think city bank card or somthinglike thaht