do lobsters scream when you boil them?

Favorite Answer

No, they don't. As far as I know, they don't have vocal cords. Any noise produced when you put them in water is produced by the physical reactions of something being put into boiling water (somewhat like when you boil an egg...). There is a lot of wiggling for the first 10 seconds when you put them in though.

The can make a high pitched "scream", but not normally. They do try to claw their way out of the pot though, which is why you're supposed to keep a top on tight. I've never boiled a lobster myself since I don't like them, but this is what I've heard. Most humane people will put the lobster in the freezer for a few minutes to basically put it to sleep so it won't feel the pain. Otherwise, they knock it on the head to knock it out first.

It's actually the sound of air escaping from the cavity between the lobster's body and shell as the body expands from the heat. Even though it's not actually a "scream", it's still thought that they do feel pain. Wouldn't you if you were dropped in a pot of boiling water?

• SLASH

Absolutely not. What sounds like a scream is just pressure building up inside their shells.

Not if you rub them and make them go into a trance before you put them in the kettle. This also makes the meat more tender, as they are relaxed!

• zen

I do not boil living creatures.

Sorry, can't help you.

lol only the wimpy ones. The brave ones face their fears.

• JULIE

yes and kick and scream too

yes. my cheeseburgers scream too when i eat them.

yes they do, unfortunately, pigs and chickens being fed and killed in a vary nasty way to...