What are some Famous Japanese Inventions?

Hi I need some answers for an assignment project, What are some famous and very well known Japanese Inventions and who invented them?

Many Thanks In Advance!

Update:

Hi I need some answers for an assignment project, What are some famous and very well known Japanese Inventions and who invented them?

Many Thanks In Advance!

P.S: Thanks for helping but italian war heroes is not really what Im looking for.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

♡Who is Japan's most famous inventor? No doubt about it, it's Yoshiro Nakamatsu -- or Dr. NakaMats as he styles himself. The doc says he has 3,218 inventions to his credit, including the floppy disk and the compact disc.

http://dr.nakamats.com/english/eng_index.php

The achievements of the founder of Mori & Company, Kisaku Mori (1908 - 1977), known as the 'Mushroom Doctor' are also documented. Mori's method of growing shiitake mushrooms by spawning spores in wood pieces is seen as one of Japan's three greatest inventions within the realms of agriculture, forestry and fisheries, along with Koichi Mikimoto's pearl cultivation and Sadayuki Waiuchi's trout farming. It has enabled Japan to become the world's largest producer of shiitake.

http://www.kiryu.co.jp/machikado/museum/kinoko.htm...

Hope this helps. Good luck with your project!♡

• 1 decade ago

Try the transistor radio, it is the reason the Walkman is around and radios no longer take up the space of a bed.

They also made the second generation VCR tape. Originally, a tape was only about 20 minutes (and considered useless.) They made the first one that was good for over an hour.

You could credit them with sushi (it means with rice, not raw fish as most people seem to think.) I doubt there is a patten on that one though.

They also have a unique form of advertising - people get paid to hand out small packs of tissue at train stations. There are only about 20 pieces in it, but there is a cardboard backing with a company's information (or some politician's campaign ideals) for the person to read. The packs are free to the public, and seem to work well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Like Italian War Heroes?

• 4 years ago

DVD VCD Massage Machine VHS Video Camera Video Tape Recorder Walkman Play Station Arcade Games Digital Camera Digital Watch Flash Memory Instant Noodle Rice Cooker Pocket Radio Flat Screen TV Portable Washlet (see Toto Portable Washlet) Fax Machine Oil Pastel Crayon (it was invented by the Japanese stationery company named Sakura Color Products Corporation in the year of 1924). A quote about the invention from Wikipedia: "By 1924, Sakura invented the first-ever oil pastel that combined oil and pigment, which was patented globally as the "Cray-pas (クレパス?)" trademark." Non-permanent marker (it was invented by another Japanes3e stationery company named Pentel). A quote about the invention: "Pentel is also the inventor of non-permanent marker technology." Fiber or felt tipped pen (i was invented by Pentel in the 1960s). Quote about the invention: "Yukio Horie, who was the President of the company until his death in 2010, had invented the fibre or felt-tipped pen in the 1960s."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Anime

• 1 decade ago

Better to search for inventions that the Japanese have improved upon, for this has always been their greatest gift to mankind.

• 1 decade ago

Hare Kare

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What did the Japanese invent ? molestors on the train

:)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sushi.

• 1 decade ago

Manga....

and its named after the company who first did these kinds of animation... MANGA... i would say this is the biggest thing till now..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.