schuette asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

can pregnant women touch lizards?

I have been told that if your pregnant you cannot touch lizards...does anyone know if this is true...?

Update:

thanks for your answers...my friend got told that she should not touch lizards while pregnant and since she has a bearded dragon she was getting worried

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually your a smart woman. Lizards carry salmonella bacteria on thier skin as do turtles and most other reptiles. If you decide to touch one make sure you wash your hands carefully or avoid them all together.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pregnant women can touch lizards. My sister is pregnant right now and i own two lizards, and i let her hold them all the time. Why wouldn't pregnant women be able to touch lizards? thats silly! nothing has happened to her at all from touching lizards. It's perfectly safe. The only thing i can think of that could be harmful is not washing her hands or eating the poop- which im sure you won't do.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sarcastically: No, it is physcially impossible for a pregnant woman to touch a lizard. If she tried, there would always be a magic space, or gap, between herself and the lizard.

• 1 decade ago

a pregent woman can 2 toucha lizard. thr bacteria on lizard will only kill u if you do wash ur hands or if the lizard dieing

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Sure, can her current state has to do with what she eats or inhales more that anything.

• 1 decade ago

as long as u dont get scared and hit the floor, ouch

• 1 decade ago

Sure

• 1 decade ago

its not true dont listen to those dummies

• 1 decade ago

who said you couldn't

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah they can! who the hell told you that?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.