At what speed should I drive my car to save fuel?

What is the most fuel-efficient speed at which to drive a Vauxhall Corsa? (m.p.h. please)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

on the highway, stick to the speed limit or a little lower,, any faster guzzles..55-65 is usually the optimal range for MPG

city driving is tough, but the best thing to do is to accelerate slowly and just use gas economically....so if you see you're coming up to a red light..don't hold the gas till you're 30 feet from the car in front of you..release the accelerator and coast to a stop

• 1 decade ago

It does matter, dont know what the other guy thinks, but if you stick to no more then 58 mph, you will save on fuel, dont get me wrong, its not much but it is something. These days however, dont know how it is in the UK but in the US its hard no to go faster then that, everyone so impatient...

• 1 decade ago

in my opinion either way ur wasting gas drive quicker and you will be their in less time then if it took you to drive slower with the same amount of gas being wasted. Also there are many factors involved, did you know that leaving your windows open causes there to be a drag on the car and leaving on the A C wastes gas there is so much that we dont know.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's not the speed it the rpm's that determine your mileage. if you run at about 1200-1500 rpm in top gear this should be about the best rpm for mileage. the thing is you don't want the engine to be laboring and also you don't want it to be revving but a happy medium, where its running fast enough to not lug when you give it add'l fuel, depending on your load at the time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

u should drive ur care at a speed of min 20 & max 60 on a non puplic areas & u shouldnt have to waste it by giving more accelerate to have a fun

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

in the city keep it at the limit. highway 54mph going over 55mph will decrease your economy.. also try to shift gears under 3000 rpms and do not ever floor your car. if you drive manual put your car in neutral as much as you can.. if auto.. i wouldnt suggest it. unless your coming to a full stop

• 1 decade ago

45 mph and stay steady.....use cruise control on hwy driving to save fuel also.

• 4 years ago

Your question leaves a lot to be desired in terms of clarity. What the hell is it you want?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just dont drive that will save your money haha

• 1 decade ago

on the motorway..55mph

town drivig...30mph

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.