Our cat brought a baby bird to our barkyard door unharmed. We can't find the mother or nest how do we help him

Update: my cat thinks he's Human and on top of that, a humanitarian. He doesn't even chase mice. He will climb trees and my bedroom door frame, but he seems to lack a hunting instinct. He was more curious about the baby bird than anything and he ran away when it pecked his nose.
Update 2: Thankyou everyone for your good intentions and responses! We decided to call the ASPCA and they asked us a bunch of questions like was the bird a newborn or a fledgling. It was able to hop around and chirp and it attempted to fly (the cutest thing!) so it was a fledgling. They told us that the mother was probably... show more Thankyou everyone for your good intentions and responses! We decided to call the ASPCA and they asked us a bunch of questions like was the bird a newborn or a fledgling. It was able to hop around and chirp and it attempted to fly (the cutest thing!) so it was a fledgling. They told us that the mother was probably nearby and to put him outside in the yard. The mother bird was out there chirping like crazy. We knew it was her; they both had bright yellow beaks. She wouldn't come for him while we were there so we went inside, and after an hour or two, we saw her feeding him near the tree in our yard.
they are both gone now, back in their nest I presume.
our cat stayed inside and watched all the goings on from the window. He did get some tuna for his good behavior.
My cat the hero, or medler however you want to see it! anyway, thanks!