Dreamer asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

Can you mail animals?

i need to know koz my mom it gonna get rid of my snake and she lives in az and i live in tx.. i want him soo bad.. soo i wanted to knoe is there any way i can get him without driving out there? HELP ME PLEASE!!! =(

Favorite Answer

I don't think you can...(at least not through the US postal service)

Yes definitely, people ship LIVE animals all the time. Inquire at Fed Ex or UPS. Good luck with your snake!

P.S. I wrote this after reading some of the other replies. People do mail animals. They usually are flown and they are monitored. I worked for Fed Ex where I actually received shipments of live fish people shipped between states. Don't let these responses discourage you. It can be done.

yes they ship them out all the time. You should probably call an 800' number for UPS or FedEx and im sure they will tell you what you need. Also if you look in your phone book there are usually small FedEX shops around that will help you to package and ship out the animal. Tell your Mom to put PLENTY of food and water in for the snake.

I don't think you can mail them...Besides the fact that different states have different rules about what animals are allowed, I don't think it would be good for your pet to be thrown around with the rest of the mail.

Can't mail him via the postal service, but you may be able to send him by airplane. Call an airline and ask. Will cost some bucks, but if you really want him...

Yes. I've seen it done with birds. It will most likely cause stress for your snake, so there is an element of risk involved (regarding whether or not he will survive the trip). If you go through with it, and he survives, give him plenty of time to acclimate to his new surroundings. Consult with the Post Office http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/extraservi... for specific instructions. Good luck.

• Ford

No, but you can have animals shipped by airplanes. Animals need special care and have to be under obervation while in transit

• malcy

No.

1) Its Cruel

2) It can violate quarentine laws as well as import export laws.

Over seas

You might be able to have it sent on a bus BUT you would have to find out for sure. I have heard of packages being sent by bus before.

on a plane but as far as i know and was told you need to fly with your pet but make sure and call the airline information and ask them i bet there is a way to get it done.