What is the amount of farmland, in acres, that is required to feed one adult person?

Basically, I would like to know how much farmland is required in order to supply enough food for one adult human being. I'm specifically concerned with the minimum amount of land that a country needs to allocate to farming in order to feed its population. For example, how much farmland would Japan or Germany... show more Basically, I would like to know how much farmland is required in order to supply enough food for one adult human being. I'm specifically concerned with the minimum amount of land that a country needs to allocate to farming in order to feed its population. For example, how much farmland would Japan or Germany need in order to feed their populations (respectively 127.4m and 82.4m)? I know that both are importers of food, given that they have a high population density and not enough land to meet all their agricultural needs on their own. But how much, theoretically, would they require if they were to meet their food demands? Thank you in advance.