Why does everyone understimate small countries and think they won't do well in the world cup (Costa Rica)?

I mean come on here is a small country with big soccersuccess in its history, but i still see people saying they are too weak. It just baffles me how they believe Ecuador will do much better just because they play in south america, and that is plain bullshit. Besides it is not like if COsta Rica does not want to... show more I mean come on here is a small country with big soccersuccess in its history, but i still see people saying they are too weak. It just baffles me how they believe Ecuador will do much better just because they play in south america, and that is plain bullshit. Besides it is not like if COsta Rica does not want to play teams like brazil or Argentina to go to the World Cup; They just can't. I tell you Costa Rica will be right there in second round with the biggies...i know what they are capable of.