adieu
adieu asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

New Shakira video "my hips don't lie" --is she a trained belly dancer?

Favorite Answer

i'm not sure if she is trained but i did find this about her.

Latin pop star SHAKIRA discovered her trademark hip-shaking dance moves after watching a belly dancer perform.

The Colombian beauty now credits the dance style with helping her overcome crippling shyness.

She says, "I was mesmerised and when I got home I started repeating every move I saw.

"I fell in love with the idea of performing in front of a live audience.

"I always felt the stage was the only place where I was completely uninhibited because usually I'm shy, although I've learned how to cover it.

"Belly dancing puts you in touch with your most sensual aspects."

fairly some the hip circulate comes from knee action, and it fairly is accentuated by making use of isolating the consequent hip action from the ribcage. In theory, the movements whilst broken down into what each and each physique area does are elementary, inspite of the indisputable fact that it takes a reliable deal of prepare to place all of it jointly nicely. Watch some Rumba in the Latin area of a ballroom dance application. it fairly is a similar action yet accomplished slowly. greater suited nonetheless, take some training, and you will galvanize your pals suited away.

Yes but the kind of bellydance she performs in her videos is not middle eastern dance. She mixes hip hop dance with bellydance undulations and shimmies but that's not the kind of dance you'll be taught if you come to a bellydance class.

YES!!!

She has been belly dancing for about 15 years

Yeah

she definatly got my attention with that video. she should be a belly dancer if shes not.

yes, but she's most proud of having a fling with me. it was okay, i guess. she seriously is the best dancer i've seen, very original and SO sexy

she's half lebanese so she grew up belly dancing

yes she really is.

She should be!