I have dial up with a single phone line. How can I use the phone and internet at the same time?

Is there a device I can buy that will allow me to use the PC/Internet dial-up while I am on the phone as well?

Best Answer

either get dsl or a second phone line.

you cant. since both the dial up signal and phone (voice) is using the same frequency.

if have DSL, you can use the phone and connect to the internet at the same time. you just need a phone filter.

there ARE certain softwares which allow you to talk and surf the internet on a dial-up at the same time. But after the phone call, the internet connection weakens and you eventually have to reconnect.

If your not interested in paying for dsl, there are softwares that pop up when your online and let you know you have a phone call coming in. There is also something called telephony that allows you to make phone calls from you computer. You will have to disconnect and reconnect to the internet when you use telephony though.

Here is a program, that you can use, while you are on the internet. You can hear the person calling you, and all you have to do, is click on an icon, to take the call. You will not be able to use your computer, at the same time, but you will not miss any calls. I used this program, before I got a cable modem, and it worked very well..

http://surnamesite.com/st15.htm

get DSL connections...it's impossible to use internet and phone at the same time if you just have dial up...

It depends on your modem, some new modem has a "call on hold" features, but you cannot use data and voice connection simutaneously. The ADSL technology capable to use the data and voice simultaneously on single phone line connection, but the ability depends on your local provider.

• Debra

No because it goes through YOUR phone number, not another person's in another house. I cant take my Verizon DSL modem to another house and hook it up because the account is on MY home number. Make sense?

hey bro., get a dsl or cable internet, it is more cheaper and faster connection to the interent and you can use your phone anytime and it is more important than you have a phone someone is trying to reach you

get call waiting with call notes to answer the phone calls while you are on the net.