Char asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

In the Seinfeld credits, why does it say "Jason Alexander as George" when no one else has as after their name?

For instance, the credits say: Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards, and Jason Alexander as George. Why doesn't it say "Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Elaine" or "Michael Richards as Kramer?" What makes Jason different? I know that all the cast members had made TV appearances before, so it's not that Jason was new to the TV genre. I'm a fan and just curious about this.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A lot of TV shows and movies do that. Maybe it's because since their name is last, they feel that they should throw in and extra line. Or, in some cases they do that for whoever is the main character, or has the "biggest name."

• 3 years ago

Seinfeld Credits

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

In the Seinfeld credits, why does it say "Jason Alexander as George" when no one else has as after their name?

For instance, the credits say: Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards, and Jason Alexander as George. Why doesn't it say "Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Elaine" or "Michael Richards as Kramer?" What makes Jason different? I know that all the cast members had made...

Source(s): seinfeld credits quot jason alexander george quot name: https://shortly.im/MfFSN
  • 4 years ago

Technically the moment I hear the name Alexander I am thinking of the name Alexander, but after that moment, I think "the great" just 'cause

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's usually because the agent of the actor has insisted on it. If you notice on Gilligan's Island reruns, sometimes it's "The Professor and Mary Ann" in the song, sometimes it's "And the rest" because of the contract the agent got them.

• I think they only did this at the very beginning of the series and stopped it by later episodes. I guess Jason Alexander got it because he was a bigger star at the time than Michael Richards or Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A lot of shows do this. It's quite common. Has nothing to do w/ poor acting or anything. I agree w/ the person who said that it's cuz his name is mentioned last. I alwayz kinda wondered this myself.

• 1 decade ago

I bet it's an oversight...ive noticed that. im a big fan of the show as well. seinfeld and king of queens are the only shows that have reruns worth watching.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont know but it should read jason alexander as george the little fat man that lives at home because he cant keep a job

• 1 decade ago

Because Jason Alexander is a whiney a** and demanded it that way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.