Any good ideas on how to conserve energy?
Like switch to florescent light bulbs?
- 1 decade agoBest Answer
- Turn down the temperature for your hot water tank
- Take showers instead of baths, shower with a friend ;)
- Don't speed when driving, walk/bus/carpool when possible
- Try a dehumidifier before using an air conditioner
- Use energy efficient appliances (marked as such)
- Keep your fridge/freezer only as cold as necessary
- Use a powerbar for your TV, VCR/DVD, video game hookup. These passively use power when you're not using them and you can shut off the entire setup at night before bed
- Turn off heat at night if using. You don't need it when asleep
- Keep your car tuned up. Change air filter frequently and make sure spark plugs are good. Use ethanol-blended gas if available.
- Turn off your car if waiting for a train to pass or some other scenario where you don't have to keep it on.
- 1 decade ago
~Turn lights off when leaving a room
~Don't use lights when you can see without them
~Turn everything off when you don't need it
~Towel dry your hair instead of blowdrying it
~Turn your computer on sleep or shut it down when you aren't using it
~Turn the volume down when you're listening to music
- BoogermanLv 61 decade ago
take alot of naps