Am an acting Network Administrator and need to setup outlook express as the cooperate webmail, how do i do it?

I am an acting Network administator and I need to setup email accounts for every one to send and recieve mail using out look express our corporate webmail is configured to say microflex.com and the accounts would be some thing of mark@microflex.com or john@microflex.com or perter@microflex.com or star@microflex.com etc so how do i get this setup

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Before you get going, make sure you know your email address along with the following information.

First, information about the e-mail servers:

•The type of e-mail server you use: POP3 (most e-mail accounts), HTTP (such as Hotmail), or IMAP

•The name of the incoming e-mail server

•For POP3 and IMAP servers, the name of the outgoing e-mail server (generally SMTP)

Second, information about your account:

• Your account name and password

Start Outlook Express, and on the Tools menu, click Accounts.

If the Internet Connection Wizard starts up automatically, skip ahead to step 4.

3.Click Add, and then click Mail to open the Internet Connection Wizard.

4. On the Your Name page of the wizard, type your name as you want it to appear to everyone who gets e-mail from you, and then click Next.

5.On the Internet Explorer Address page, type your e-mail address, and then click Next.

6. On the E-mail Server Names page, fill in the first block of information that you gathered from your ISP in step 1, and then click Next.

7.On the Internet Mail Logon page, type your account name and password.

8.Click Next, and then click Finish.

You're ready to send your first e-mail!

• 1 decade ago

Couple things:

I assume you have a mail server? If not you may consider using GoDaddy for email services (One of the chepeast in my opinion). Most email service providers have an administration interface to add email addresses.

You will also need to setup your DNS for your domain (microflex.com) to have MX records to point to the appropriate mail server/service provider. (i.e; mx0 -> 1.1.1.1)

If you going to use outlook express you will need to either use IMAP or POP. IMAP will leave the mail messages on the server and simply allow the user to view them. Where POP downloads the mail to the client. I would recommend using POP just for simplicity and the fact that you won't waste the space on your mail server.

• avp071
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I believe you have to have an Exchange account with an ISP that support Corporate Networks. It's not quite as simple as setting up a home email account. There are hundreds of these services for instance www.mi8.com

added this text " I see some people are giving you explicit instructions on how to set up YOUR OWN email account, that is incorrect. . . you're setting up for a corporation, you need an Exchange account at an ISP.

Source(s): 25 years of Professional Word Processing and Graphics in NYC Investment Banks and 10 IT support. . . been there done that. . .
  • 1 decade ago

You need to ask your company's e-mail administrator the names of the POP & SMTP servers.

Once you have them, open OE's Accounts dialog (from the Tools menu), click Add --> Mail...

This opens a wizard, where you input a name for the account (like "Microflex Mail"), then the user's e-mail account, then the POP & SMTP servers' names. Finally, input username (and optionally, the password, which I don't suggest to record here, since the user should keep it private, you shouldn't need to know it).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • andeee
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i've got merely responded this question for somebody else. if truth be told, the unfastened version of Yahoo mail now no longer works with Outlook as a POP 3/Push digital mail shopper. you will could desire to enhance to Yahoo Mail Plus, that's chargeable, or change to something that Outlook helps, alongside with Google Mail or an handle that your ISP aspects. there could be different recommendations, yet i wish i've got pointed you interior the splendid course.

• :)
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

do you have ms exchange server?

are you going through a host that provides you with multiple email addresses? if so, all you would need to do is assign them an email address and configure their individual outlook to recieve email for that address.

• af11k
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

how did you get that job, this is super basic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.