Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 decade ago

Would I look like a loser on my little gas powered scooter/moped?

I'm a white, 160lbs 18 year old male looking for summer transportation. I live 15 minutes from the beach.

Favorite Answer

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks what you look like,you live your own life for yourself not everyone else.

See when it comes down to it if your at college you don't have the money to be worrying about what you look like so go ahead and use the moped because in the end it will save you more money in fuel than the guys in the cars. Besides it is better as you save not only money but the environment and in this day and age it is cool to be on the 2 wheeled variety of transportation. Save your money so later on you can upgrade if you feel that you want to but don't do what society thinks you should do to look cool! That just makes you a lemming. Be an individual and ride safe. I am 38 and ride a 250cc scooter and although occassionally you get giggles from the big burly harley riders, I have found most of them think its more economical on a smaller engined bike. The bigger the bike engine the more fuel you use so stick with the moped and join a moped club and find out just how many guys are out there riding them. Image is only in your mind don't worry sweetheart the girls will like you because you have transportation. It only costs me around $11 to fill my tank but my hubbys car costs $70 and i do a lot more mileage than him so I am saving the money in this family.

Greetings; No you would not look like a loser. But you will send a wise message to all that see's you riding you gas saver bike, for these a serious gas consumption times so consider that too. Next, if you are willing to walk to the beach in your cool summer beach outfit, which is 15 minutes and another 15 minutes back home. Keep it up big boy and you will have more girls than the laws allows. smile.

I hope this helps you.

sforte44120@yahoo.com

Source(s): Just my friendly personal advice.

If while you're off to college that's the extent of your worries, then count yourself lucky. While I was in college I found that most of the people around me were struggling to make ends meet as well as get an education. Back then it was common to have a "college car" which lacked amenities like fully functional equipment and good maintenance. Don't be so down on scooters and mopeds, adversity really does build character.

electric powered will deliver you grief. inexpensive battery technologies isn't there yet. you're economically maximum secure with a Honda, real, or Yamaha. in case you're only humming around city, the Honda Ruckus is an outstanding decision. there's a plenthora of o.e.m factors for it via fact it is so commonplace. you could specially circumstances just about scouse borrow them on ebay specially circumstances. There are website boards merely for the Ruckus. Battlescooter has a good number of enhancements. you could decrease the seat, stretch the physique, upload footpegs, crash bars, racks, extra beneficial engine, etc. The scoot is super off the floor, yet once you prefer to trick it out later, the opportunities are superb. The Yamaha Zuma 50, and one hundred twenty five are super motorcycles. the real a hundred and ten Rattler is getting super comments. real is an American business enterprise, producing severe high quality scoots. Vespa expenditures too plenty for what it incredibly is. Its stable, yet expenditures too plenty. sort of like paying for a BMW whilst all you mandatory became right into a Toyota. seem on the Honda, Yamaha, and real scoots. they gained't show you how to down.

I am 34, female, ride a wee Honda scooter and all the responses I have ever gotten have been positive. I have been stopped at red lights next to guys on massive Harleys who ask what the heck I'm riding but then say that my little scooter is cool! I have even raced them to next light and kicked their ***! When I stop to gas up, someone usually watches to see how much I spend to fill up (I get over 75 miles per gallon!) and are jealous cuz my tank only takes about $1.50-1.75. Scooters are great near beaches-riding a scooter makes it easier to talk to people on the street.Go for it--just watch out for crazy drivers.

In my book the 18-year-old's who've been given hot sports cars or fancy SUV's are the ones who look like losers, especially if they're showing off. Someone using practical transportation, be it a bike, subway, moped, or plain car looks like they're making their own way in the world without being coddled and spoiled by their parents. Independence looks cool, kids with fancy toys are the losers.

Source(s): I drive a 15-year-old Mazda hatchback.

deathlok is right - there are lots of mopeds out there now that look like bikes.

I actually found myself admiring one once, thinking it was a really hot bike.

But it's true that there are some people who will sneer at you for riding a moped. But I say screw 'em. Are they going to buy you something better? If not, tell them to stuff it.

Get a Go Ped and a half shell put some high performance parts on it to make it scream and then you'll look like you have a cool toy.

Source(s): Pat's CBs/Scooters/Wheelchairs. Salem, OR. shar.

Some ladies actually dig the moped look. It makes you look less snobby than if you were in a fancy car.

I think you would look smarter than the average bloke driving his gas guzzling SUV. I would give you a thumbs up and the bloke in the SUV the middle finger.