Is it me or what? Why does my husband flip out over a freakin' tattoo?

He knows I've wanted one for a while, I know he does not like them. I need him to watch the kids while I go to the tattoo parlor. I already stopped in there and showed them what I want and all I have to do is schedule an appt. When I said I wanted to make an appt., he said "Don't get a real... show more He knows I've wanted one for a while, I know he does not like them. I need him to watch the kids while I go to the tattoo parlor. I already stopped in there and showed them what I want and all I have to do is schedule an appt. When I said I wanted to make an appt., he said "Don't get a real tattoo", and got upset. I'm 39 years old, I'm not a baby. I told him he acts like my father and he said that's impossible, he doesn't even know my father. I am on maternity leave now so I guess I will wait until I go back to work and leave during the day. That is all I can think of. If there is anything you want to do - do it before you get married! And think seriously before you walk down that aisle.
Sorry, I just need to vent a bit. I am real pissed.
Update: More info: the tattoo is a wooden cross with a rose and a crown of thorns surrounding it. I want it on my back near my shoulder blade. I find it very pretty. It is about 2 inches long.
Update 2: I have thought long and hard about this - I want a religious symbol on my body and I don't believe it is a sin. My pastor said there is nothing in the bible about it being a sin and Leviticus 19:28 does not apply. If it were a sin, I would rethink my decision.