Do you believe in Creation or Evolution?

Favorite Answer

Evolution all the way. Though Charles Darwin left a few unsolved-questions, the fact remains that his theory of the descent of man really, really makes sense.

Darwin's The Origin of the Species is a scientific work, proposing hypotheses based on evidence and observation.

The Genome Project helps fill in the detail as yo how genetic mutations occur and Gregor Mendel's work explains how some genes are dominant and others recessive.

So obviously with a burgeoning body of scientfic work, I go along with Evolution. It explains a lot and makes sense of the world.

I believe in both to an extent, I believe we have evolved over the years, both in the small aspect such as that we are more advanced and smarter than previous generations, and that we probably did evolve from monkeys, but I don't believe it all happened on it's own, I'm sure there was a hand to guide it along even a little.

Creation - and I'll tell you why.

1) In his book 'The Origin of Species', Darwin himself exclaimed that those choosing to accept his theory as valid should not examine the fossil record.

Why did he say this? Because fossils prove that there's no gradual shift in the characteristics of any species that leads to an entirely new species. Yes a species itself can 'evolve', and by this I mean naturally select, but it can't evolve into an entirely new species.

2) If land animals are adaptations of less evolved creatures that lived in the sea, show me the creature with fully functioning gills that suddently evolved into having fully functioning lungs.

3) Have you ever seen any species that doesn't already appear to be in its 'perfect' state. Yes, there's plenty of individual members of a species that have flaws, but the species as a whole is perfect and lives in perfect symbiosis with every native life form around it.

4) Just because we share 98% of our genetic makeup with other primates, it doesn't have to mean that we evolved from them? Things can look and act the same, but still be unique - right.

5) show me any life form that has evolved without symmetry! Tell me why the distance from the elbow to the wrist is in exact proportion to the distance between two curves on a nautilus shell or the distance between the tip of the chin to the center of your eyes and so on and so on. This exactly proportionate distance between two points on objects appears everywhere in nature and didn't just occur on its own - we're talking complex math that can't be left to chance.

6) And this is the biggy - God made man in his own image. God doesn't change, so why should we?

I don't believe in either. I follow the evidence, not a belief. Evolution, of course.

Creation is baloney.

Evolution all the way.

God created evolution.

• Doctor

I believe in both.

There is no reason why both couldn't be true