Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I have a dog with elevated liver enzymes, how can I lower them?

they are supposed to be 60 or lower but my dog's are at 2100. they started at 110 then went down after the vet gave her medication, then they kept going down, and now they are back up again. What's going on? and how can I fix it? Naturally is there a way, like feeding her some type of herb?

but I have a feeling that the vet is actually hurting her instead of helping her. she feels fine should we just take her off her medications?

Favorite Answer

Please follow your vets advise, or get a second opinion. Ask a friend or family member for a recommendation. You can call for vet and get a copy of your dogs blood work to take to a different vet. They have to give you a copy and they understand that some people feel better with 3rd party taking a look. There are prescription diets that help out. See if your vet has taken x-rays, or if they can do an ultrasound to rule out liver cancer.

One thing you might not think about is the dog's water. My brother's dog had a similar problem and the vet told him to switch to filtered or bottled water. They did and it helped A LOT! Now the whole family avoids drinking the tap water.

Liver enzymes mainly raises due to excess of calcium in dog food so stop feeding the dog for two days

never feed kibble feed raw. many dogs that have medical issues will do much better on a raw diet

Follow the advice that the vet gave you...