Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is there any proof MUHAMMAD EVER EXISTED?

Im agnostic, so hate on Christianty all you want, all I care about is what I have asked, so you might consider answering it or going to the next question.

NON-ANSWERS = Asking a question in return: "What the proof Jesus existed HUUU!!!"; "Have you studied Islam??"

BAD-ANSWERS = "everyone knows he did (wow this is stupid)"; "the Quran says so! (circular...so stupid)"

IDEAL ANSWER FORMS = "The non-muslim tribes of the day wrote about him, look at this non-muslim historical website. www.middle.east.history.com"

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DONT COMMITT THE ERROR OF CIRCULAR REASONING IN YOUR REPLY. I WOULD LOVE A SERIOUS ANSWER. IM NOT SAYING HE DIDNT EXIST, IM SIMPLY ASKING BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER FOUND CORROBORATING EVIDENCE. FOR EXAMPLE, I HAVE NEVER SEEN NAPOLEAN BUT I KNOW HE EXISTED BECAUSE NON-FRENCH CULTURE WHO HATED HIM STILL WROTE ABOUT HIM (RUSSIANS, ETC.)

Restating the story of Muhammad does nothing in the way of offering proof he actually existed.

EXAMPLE: YES, ACHILLIES EXISTED. Achillies was a warrior in ancient Greece. He trained as a boy and ....

NOTICE, THIS DOES NOTHING TO PROVE HE EXISTED and we dont know for sure if he did or was myth, but the stories of Achillies are still told. Wow...I just cant sure stupidity.

Amazing stupidity:

"Ofcourse he existed, there are plenty of historical records of this. (END OF COMMENT)"

IDIOTS...THATS WHAT I AM ASKING FOR...NAME ONE OF THESE, WHERE CAN I FIND ONE! MAYBE THEY EXIST, IVE JUST NEVER EVER FOUND ANY SUCH THING. BE SPECIFIC.

"Yes, the writings of the jewish scribe yesawawa is in the museum of London and refers to Muhammad killing all his tribesman. Go to www.london.museum.com" >>>>> THIS IS WHAT I AM ASKING FOR...SOMETHING LIKE IT.

WOW. NOT ONE PERSON GAVE ME ANY PROOF HE EXISTED. NOT ONE PERSON REFERRED TO SPECIFIC DOCUMENT WRITTEN BY NON-MUSLIMS OF MUHAMMADS DAY. NO ARTIFACTS...NOTHING.

Favorite Answer

It is basically impossible to proove to skeptics like you and I that ANYTHING occured that long ago. I do not consider primary sources that are 3000 years old to be the truth, no matter how valid they may seem. So I suppose the answer here is no.

No proof he ever existed he was terrible in Mecca but his teachings are like Jesus ,the Quran is supposed to be a correction of the Bible and Muslims are supposed to read the Bible for the Torah .And as Gods living word . It would have been more realistic if they said Ismael was the Prophet . Muhammad was never mentioned in the Bible he just appeared in Quran from out of no where . Muslims as Christians do not read their religious books and so all can be changed . You can not look at any religion today and say who will go to hell as every religion is corrupt they were perfect at one time but no one lives as they should . You can not blame the Quran or the Bible ,people just do what they want and think always they get forgiven even though there was an apology given to God/Allah and then the repeat of the sin . Very few will actually se Paradise /Heaven .Islam is twisted and so is Christianity and so is Judaism. So if you believe in God leave the Church the Mosque and Temple and ask for his wisdom and it shall be given . The Bible states that Ismael would be the father of a great nation but that he would be like a wild donkey ,brother against brother and hate amongst them ,this is very evident today it can not be denied today Muslims hate each other and their boarders are bloody .

Who chose this as "Best Answer"? No one has answered the direct question you have asked. What proof outside of the Quran is there about Muhammad? Firstly, know that after this "prophet" had died in 632 AD, the earliest biography was said to have been called Life of God's Messenger,which was written in 767 AD, and then lost forever. There are more books inlcuding the Quran which were written somewhere in the 9th century. Of course, this miniscule amount of text were all written by Muslims, and although he is said to have made such an impact on history, yet no one else seemed to notice. Its up to you whether or not you would accept these biographies or even the Quran which has been rewritten over time as well.

You asked a question that you then went on to answer. I myself am an atheist or you can call me a secular humanist. My background is a Jewish upbringing so I most likely have a very biased outlook on this subject, with that said let's move on.

Did Muhammad (Mohammad?) exists. Well I believe that religious text is flawed and extremely biased. It changes with translations and is embellished in the first place to sell religion. However with every fable is some degree of truth. Did Muhammad exist? Yes! Did he exist in the manner described in the Koran? Hardly. How can I say this? Ever read a newspaper story that you knew the truth to? I have and have found the newspapers to always be highly inaccurate. Ever hear a story from a friend that you had heard from a different friend earlier and wondered if they were talking about the same thing? Been there, done that.

Okay, just read below about the moon being cut in half and that being proof of Muhammad's existence. Well if anything I would take that as proof that he never existed if that is the best he anyone can do.

Source(s): There are three sides to a story; Yours, mine, and the truth.
  • startz

Did Mohammed Exist

I could think of Islam is data the great M-PooBUH existed. I additionally must think of that the hadiths are fairly and notoriously hateful of their injunctions, and can desire to be discarded so Islam can pop out of her modern-day dark Age. finally, i think of I could factor out that your question is composed of Insane Troll good judgment and can thoroughly be surpassed over as Muslim rantings. Bless y'all and bless teh Grand Poobah Mahmuttio. Ole!!!

there are plenty of historical records that indicate the prophet was a real person.in fact one of their sects only recognizes his decendants as persons of religious authority.if you study islam take note of the difference in the tenor of his writing in medina compared to mecca.i think he came under other influences other than divine in medina.however i have no doubt about the nature of inspiration in his earliest writing.remember this is an illeterate man dictating those words how else is that possible.

can prove to me that god is exist? have you seen him? have anyone seen him? and if someone did, how can i know that he s telling the truth? the answer to this question is simply "Can you see his work?" yes god is exist because we can see his magnificent work in everything in the universe. you can apply this method to answer your question. can you see prophet MOHAMMED S work ? there are over one billion Muslims around the world now. is it make sense to you that one billion people are following a myth?

I'm agnostic too. But I don't understand what you mean. I'm not the right person to know if the answers are right or wrong. I respect the beliefs of people as I wish they do the same about me. I've got no that kind of power and think you haven't either. Who's got the reason? maybe you, maybe them, maybe me. Who knows?

thank you for your question

many people knew him since he was born but he wasn't too famous yet. and his famous two nick names before becoming a prophet is "Al-sadek (the honest) , and Al-Amien (the trust)".

his house still there in Sudia Arabia, his Grave in Sudia Arabia. no doubt he existed

for someone to leave a huge remark like this he is for sure existed . for those who read the Quran in its original langauge know that this book is a miracle and it's not a human language. many nations during Muhammad time have heard of Him, and heard of his prophecy message. He was sending letters and massengers to many countries/trips calling them toward Islam (submit yourselves toward God).

Of course Muhammad existed, he was born relatively recently in the 7th century (AD). There are plenty of historical documents that mention him, even ones that are not inherently Islamic in nature. He was a phrophet and a peaceful one at that. He would not sympathize with today's angry muslims at all.