How can I build a clock?

I would like to build a weight-driven clock, but I have not had any success finding good, easily understandable resources about clock construction/mechanics. Also, I would like to find a place to get the materials (like a pre-built escapement, etc). Any ideas?

I'd like to build my own movement with pre-fab parts.

• Kes
    Favorite Answer

The link to Howstuffworks has good illustrations for a pendulum clock. You may be able to improvise the parts for a project if you understand what is involved. I know, a sundial would be easier. Good luck.

TRY THESE PLACES. I THINK I'LL EVEN TRY IT. HOW INTERESTING.

Kuempel Chime has been hand- crafting unique clocks in Minnetonka, Minnesota on the shores of Lake Minnetonka since 1916. Our Grandfather, Mantel, and Wall Clocks are made of only the highest quality materials. Each Kuempel clock case is made from your choice of Walnut, Oak, or Cherry, and we use only the finest German made mechanical movements.

get a book on clock building and then do what it says...

p.s. its very expensive to make it on your own, its much cheaper to buy one

www.klockit.com