I'm waiting for my divorce to be final,but it ok to start dating again, while your seperated from your spouse?

Best Answer

Go for it.....Life is short

I guess I would have to disagree with the other posts. After a divorce, some people experience a sense of loss...a grieving process while others sense a feeling of joy and freedom. Although, I am sure it is difficult to wait to start dating, but I would wait until the marriage is finalized. I would want to make sure that I was starting any new relationships correctly. I would never want the other person or myself to question whether it was just " a rebound". have them wondering whether or not my ex and I were going to get back together. I would respect a person more if they waited to commit to me until after the divorce was final. It would let me know that they honored our relationship enough to end the other before becoming involved with me.

Most separated spouses do date after they have separated, and some have affairs while separated, and then reconcile anyway. In your case, I would say that if you have already filed for divorce, you have every right to go ahead and date while waiting for the judge to finalize the divorce.

in some states that can be used againsdt you in a court of law. if the other person wanted to get nasty they could say you were cheating on them and it would be a really bad thing on you in court. i do know you have to wait 1 year from your divorce to get married again.

I think its important to take some time after a split up to become used to being independent and to look after your own needs before trying to deal with anyone elses. Dating may be fine...but I think I would not become involved in a relationship.

Personally I don't think you should do that soon. Just wait for the divorce to be final. It may screw things up for you.

• bluez

Sure...but not if it's like a few months after the separation. And I'd keep it on the down low as much as possible bcuz it could affect your divorce proceedings...

Yes, my ex was emotionally abusive towards me. Never laid a hand on me but found other ways to keep me "down." I started dating 3 weeks after I finally got a backbone and threw him out. Best thing I ever did. Made me realize there were still people out there who liked me.

yes of course. you are seperated. moving toward divorce. Most likely. if it were working you wouldn't be seperated. And one of you have decided to move on.. You have to live with your own decisions of your lifes consequences. If it makes you happy do it. if it brings you greif don't do it.. and if your just not ready. Wait.... till you are.

it depends upon the state of legal provisions of your native state and the stage of proceeding you are waiting for. if the law permits there is nothing wrong to date.check it with the competent attorney living near you.

I would say it would be ok if you really think this person is worth it and not going to add to anymore heartache.