Is the King James version of the bible the absolute word of God? Are there any mistakes in it?

Is the King James version of the Bible the pure word of God? I have heard people say that "Thou shalt not kill" is actually better translated as "murder". I have also heard people say that II Kings 2:23,4 should say "young men" instead of "children". Are there mistranslations in the King James? If there are, could there be mistranslations in other parts of the King James that we don´t know about? I the King James perfectly correct? If not, which version of the Bible is perfect?

Best Answer

Yes there are many mistakes. But also resources to check it out. In the original 1611 version the translators wrote a letter to the reader. Saying how carefully they did their work. But also they said there might be some imperfections. There are some words you can't translate. There are also figures of speach. Plus the translators did not have the benefit of the Masorrah. Deep subject and too complicated to go into here.

The KJV is the nearest to perfection. We have the benefit of resources, works of scholars, to check it out.

Hearing the Word of God is a personal issue and no one can do it for you. Church people tell you that the W.O.G. is the Bible, but they lie. They have chosen to put their faith in a book rather than Christ and rejecting eternal life. In John 14:6 Jesus said he is the way and the TRUTH, yet churches lie and say that the Bible is truth. Read Rev. 19:11-16 where it describes Christ. In vs. 13 it states "and his name is called the Word of God" Get it, Christ is the Word of God not a book, John 1 and the word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Regarding the KJV, it isn't perfect. A few other issues are that at one time it said Thou shalt commit adultery and it also referred to Ruth as a he. It is however better than most English versions. Christ said he will send the comforter (Holy Spirit) to teach you all things, so why does foolish man think the bible is so important.

The New International World version of the bible is missing over 3,000 words and scriptures twisted and words added. The bible says in Luke 16:17 "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, then one title of the law to fail." Why are we looking for new bibles? when the King James bible for over 400 years made holy people. If the King James bible can't make people holy today, then the other bibles will not at all help you either.

Some examples of missing scriptures

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..." KJV

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel." NIV

Luke 4:8 "Get thee behind me Satan." KJV OMITTED IN THE NIV

Matthew 8:11 "For the Son of Man is come to save that whcih was lost." KJV OMITTED IN THE NIV

The bible says in Galations chapter 1 6:-14 about another Gospel then what Paul preached let them be accursed. When you buy those other bibles you are cursed with a false spirit and not the Holy Ghost but the wicked ghost. Get a King James bible and start believing that you can walk a life free from sin, you can walk in rightousness, you can walking in holyness, you can walk in perfection of the word, you can walk in sanctifcation of the word...on your way to heaven to meet Jesus in the air and not on the way into the lake of fire and brimstone.

Source(s): King James Bible - Gospel of Christ

There are many mistakes in the Bible. Through the ages so many different individuals have been involved in the various translations that each one was given the opportunity to sprinkle in their own faith's beliefs and slant on certain scriptures. One perfect of an incorrect scripture is John 1:18 that states that God is a spirit. John never, ever, ever said that God was just a spirit. We know this because prophets that have seen God have testified that he is a real person with a resurrected body of flesh and bone.

The way I see it man wrote the bible thousands of years ago..OK so lets just say God told him what to wright.. Now a thousand years later this word is translated again once more by man..Were not perfect and mistakes could have been made and face it god hasn't been talking to; to many people lately if he did they have either kept quiet about it or been called crazy and put in a patted room..Then again there is always the chance that there are things god said that the leaders of the church don't want man to know about since religion is one of the main ways they control people so they left it out or interpreted it wrong on purpose..

King James version is not perfect, but I believe it is the closest thing that we have. To get closer you would have to study Hebrew, but even then you don't have a perfect text. Why? The documents are old; they have passed through many hands. But God himself knows the perfect meanings. Get close to God and He will help you to understand the whole sweep better. It also helps to learn the history and culture of Bible times.

• jeni

THE TRUTH IS THERE!

Thousands of years, many to write it, translation, interpertation and misunderstanding, with all it is and all the possibilities, the truth is there. For our temporary life full of trouble, if we did not have it, none would have anything, but since we have it, we have a promise.

IF ANY CAN BELIEVE THE BIBLE AS THE TRUTH FROM GOD

Eternal life was lost, the eternal life day of 1000 years was lost because of sin, life spans reached 930, 962, 969, 950, then the flood wiped out the life sustaining earth.

Rev.20:1-6[1000 year day is the one thing Jesus has first];

No man has gone to heaven but Jesus who came down John 3:13-17; Psm.115:15-17[all is silent in death]; Psm.146:3,4[No thought in death]; 1Cor.15:22-28[As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive]; Psm.104:29,30[God sends forth spirit and they are created from the dust as Adam was with no sin}; Matt.19:28[Eze.38:12-14]; The O.T.

people return to their own land in the new heavens and the new earth which is paradise Luke 23:43; Rev.2:7;

AT THE LAST DAY

John 3:39,40,44; 1Thes.4:15-17; Rev.14:1-6,7[Word there];

Rev.12:6,7-11,12,17[Word there and Satan has a short time];

The priest Heb.12:22-24; of God and Christ raised up.

Isa.65:17;

For behold I create New Heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isa.66:1,22;

[1 This saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house ye build for me? and where is the place of my rest.

[22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, So shall your seed and your name remain. Matt.19:28[Eze.38:12-14];

2Pet.3:13;

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev.21:1-5;

And I saw a new heavens and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

[2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband,

[3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. [4]

[5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold I make all thins new... Rev.21:9,10,21-21; 22:1,14;

At the end of day seven 7130 after Eden all will be made perfect for God as he had it to began with.

1Thes.5:1-9,21; Time is very important.

Matt.24:3,14,36[Only God knows the day and hour];

Source(s): Bible.

It's a translation of a translation. That /never/ turns out right.

Take the chinese version of Star Wars. (I don't know exactly which part 'cause I'm not a fan.) "Nooooooo!" from Darth Vader was changed into the equivolent in chinese. When given an english subtitle, it was re-translated into "Do Not Want!"

Take it with a grain of salt. Realize what it is trying to say; don't take it as is.

*Might actually be the korean language, I really don't know.

The Bible is a translation of various texts of various languages copied by the human hand for countless generations. With that in mind, you can only imagine the number of errors in any version of the Bible. It might just be another tool of God's to test our faith.

Do you remember the "telephone game" where one person tells a story to a person and that person tells the story to the next and so on, until it reaches the 20th person and the story isn't the same at all? Try that for 2000 years! King James was also a chauvinist pig as well who felt woman were equal to dogs.