HELP !! DVD player without remote control is useless !! Dumb design ?

My remote control is not working. Now I cannot watch DVD because I cannot select the chapters, subtitle, audio, etc. All has to be set via remote control. Why did they design like this ?? What can I do ? Shops don;t sell remote control and the warranty has expired. Typical! Spoiled after warranty expired.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Screw universal remotes. Most are junk and don't allow you to access all the functions your device has.

Go to the Mfgr. web site and order the correct remote. You should only need the Model # and Serisl # to get the correct remote.

• 3 years ago

Lost Remote For Dvd Player

• 1 decade ago

Like everyone is saying, you need a universal remote.

Most will probably work fine for you but you might consider something like a Harmony Remote by Logitech. Models like the 659, 676, or 680 would not only help control that but other parts of your system. They also have single button controls like "Watch Movie" that turn on your stereo, tv, and dvd player to all the right settings for watching a movie.

I saw one at Sam's club ( and the price was below what my distributor sells them to me for).

Source(s): I am a Home Theater Installer
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to the store and get a universal remote. You should be able to program it to power your DVD player. Sorry to hear this happened to you, i had a TV/VCR combo with that problem too. If I lost the remote, forget it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Why don't you write to the manufacturer of your Home Theatre system, giving them your details and the serial number of your gear. They may be able to locate a remote for you. It'll be worth paying for if you can't use the TV without it, but I shouldn't think iot will cost very much.

If you are in the UK, you can call Partsmaster, which are part of the Dixon Group of Electrical Wholesalers. In the US, they are called Radio Shack.

If you can't locate one, why not give the name of the TV on Answers and someone might be able to help you.

Cheers.

Corinne

• JeffyB
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I assume you tried putting in new batteries into the remote?

• 1 decade ago

get a universal remote.

• 1 decade ago

You can go to BestBuy.com and order replacement parts. The link is on the bottom of the main page.

Source(s): www.bestbuy.com
  • Gayle
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Just use the touchscreen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.