If I make my son the beneficiary on my life insurance, can my husband also access the money if he survives me?

I am concerned about the possibility that, if I name my husband as the beneficiary, his ex-wife will be able to access MY life insurance money because of a quirky law we have that says he must claim any "significant non-income-producing assests" when they figure his child support obligation. $400,000 in... show more I am concerned about the possibility that, if I name my husband as the beneficiary, his ex-wife will be able to access MY life insurance money because of a quirky law we have that says he must claim any "significant non-income-producing assests" when they figure his child support obligation. $400,000 in cash sitting in the bank would qualify as a significant asset. This money is intended to secure MY family's financial future should I die, not hers. My hope is that I can leave it all to my son, and have my husband be able to use it to pay the living expenses until he turns 18. Does anyone know if my husband would have any problems accessing the money whenever and for whatever he needed it?