Why is the Dept. of Taxation - State of Ohio SOOO pathetic with record keeping & accuracy?

I would love to spin a conspiracy theory. If you live in the United States, in the state of Ohio, have you personally or had a friend abused by the horrifically inefficient and equally inaccurate Ohio Department of Taxation? I am going through that now, 2 years ago they owed ME, my taxes are prepared by a CPA, but they sent me a bill for different amount and I have a MOUNTAIN of documentation that proves that I am correct, and STILL, even today, they persist.

We all know the Internal Revenue Service is a bureaucratic pig of a nightmare...but is anyone else having problem at the State level and does anyone know why? I am as interested in accurate answers as I am in conspiracy theories.

(alternate question title: hate'em as much as I do? poor your heart out!)

Best Answer

You need to take this to federal Court/ That will be the only way you can make them change / For what i see there seen to be lots of people with the same problem/ Look for a local reporter or write to the big News shows 60 minutes 20/ 20 . Be short but very specific and most likely they will do a story about it / Be a Hero don't stop

I live in OH too and my friend's husband had something like that happen too, not sure if they got it all straightened out or not, just keep all your records and keep fightin

You are correct, they are a bunch of LYING SLEEZEBALLS!!!!!!!! they sent me a letter to reply to a "Pat Jefferies". that person DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!!!! Talk about commiting fraud!!!!!! They are soooo pathetic in everything!!!!!!!!! THEY WILL NOT EVEN FOLLOW THEIR OWN LAWS AND RULES!! I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE!!