Why do most people that don't believe in God, spend so much time talking about Him?

He seems to be a very popular subject in the non-believer world.

No offence meant to any one. I'm just curious.

• Jimbo
    Favorite Answer

People are afraid of things they dont understand. People who dont understand god, spend all their time trying to rationalize with logic why he doesnt exist, which will be a never resolving issue because god is too mysterious to rationalize.

I think they do believe. Every man is born with a measure of faith. It takes a lot of fight to deny the faith that is within you, so they keep talk, talk, talking to convince themselves and others that they don't believe.

They gather up a million reasons so they can back up their arguments, and it's really just silly. Are they THAT afraid that the truth is the truth? Probably.

It's just fear. Let them talk. Their time will come. What is the first thing a person does in a crisis "Help me God! Save me!" Everyone's a believer in a crisis. When everything is going la-di-da smoothly in life, it's "Eh, I'm a tough guy, or I'm a scientist and there is no God and look at how smart my reasons are!"

Blah. Let them talk.

I don't believe in god but I post on these boards for a number of reasons.

Firstly, I like to challenge my beliefs and to articulate them.

Secondly, I am genuinely interested in why people believe and what they believe in. Religion is powerful - I want to know about it in the same way I want to know about politics and popular culture, all the things that make us what we are.

Finally, if I want people to understand my belief - humanism - I want to explain it, rather than have people speculate about it.

Because people who don't believe in things they cant see want to question the people who are afraid to question their own beliefs. This is called "Critical Thinking". It starts with investigation of all premise. If you take, for instance, the premise that "Creator" means an actual entity, and question it, you might try looking at it in reverse. It is possible that it is a metaphor for the one thing that all Life does, and ancient people applied the metaphor in a way that uneducated people would understand. By saying God created everything, and Man in His image, we are relieved of the quest to understand the origins of Life. That gives us free time to produce things. If we happen to question the origins of Life from a physical standpoint, however, we want to see that God was created as the image of all Life's Purpose: to build useful structure in the universe for our descendents' benefit without wasting the resources at hand (God created everything from the Void).

If you don't question your own funny hat leaders, your pompous rituals, your elaborate schemes and child brainwashing techniques, then it is up to outsiders to question and discuss these things for you.

Maybe they believe in God but not Religion and don't want to be preached to. If you really want to know God better, you should try reading Holy books instead of relying on what "non-believers" say.

Everyone should be aware that GOD is the creator of all mankind and beings we can now see.. some doesnt want to believein him because of personal problems such as being unable to cope up w problems and being lost.. GOD is omnipotent he can always see us through... others just deny but they know he's real and very loving..

Because those who do not believe in Him spend so much time asking questions about Him. If you did not ask these questions, there would be no answers.

It reminds me of when I was a kid. The boys I grew up with, liked to go to the graveyard to prove that we didn't believe in ghosts. Now I go there with respect, and to talk with my father.

They have a damaged relationship with God and they don't understand that he still loves them. Just hates what they did!

• BetsyF

one day they will all know He exists and will wish then they had listened now. I once heard that an atheist knows that God exists but refuse to except Him