what are you going to plant this year? thank you?

Favorite Answer

It's all already in the ground here. We have red leaf lettuce, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, artichokes, tomatoes, corn, sugar snap peas, Japanese cucumbers, Jalapeno peppers, cilantro, onions, garlic and sweet red peppers.

For perennials, we already have new rosemary, basil, variegated and lemon thyme, marjoram, oregano, Italian & curly-leafed parsley, strawberry, and sage plants put in.

Hoping for a mild summer here in the desert so things don't burn...

I have zenia seedlings that have already come up, but my marigold seeds are being stubborn for some reason. I may have to replant them. I will plant more zenia seeds, and also various types of sunflower seeds this weekend.

Another thing I have planted this year (which I haven't done in quite some time) is herb seeds. My chamomile and thyme is just coming up, but I haven't yet seen my marjoram, oregano, rosemary, garlic chives, spearmint, dill, catnip or sage. They SHOULD be up any day now, though.

I also planted moss rose seeds in a small planter. They should be up soon as well.

Perennials so that I don't have to break my back every year planting, although weeding is necessary. Then a few annuals in front for FAST color. It looks like SPRING today!!! I love daisies, several kinds. I put tomato cages over them to keep the Shastas upright. Also do that with peonies, because there is ALWAYS a heavy rainstorm beating them into the ground when they start blooming. I love Rose of Sharon because they bloom late and long. I am looking for more colors.

I am planting so many things, have put seeds of many in last 3-4 weeks.

1. Tomatoes(3 varieties)...one of them has started coming just yesterday.:)

2. Kohlrabi...they started started coming with 3-4 days of sowing the seeds.

3. Carrots..have started coming this week.

4. Eggplant...no sign yet but i am hopeful

5. Cucumber.....have started coming this week.

6. Radish...they started started coming with 3-4 days of sowing the seeds.

7. Green Pepper...no sign yet.

8. Coriander...no sign yet.

9. Potatoes

Then some perennials for my front lawn and i have bulbs from last year coming...tulips ...i am so happy.. hope it is not a hot summer here

I have never planted anything other that house plants for my home. I live in an apt. so planting is not something for me to do. I would like to try carrots in a window box. Hope it works.

an acre of roundup ready corn for the deer, an acre of pumpkins to sell at a fair this fall, and 5 acres of sunflowers for the doves.

Squash, tomatoes and green beans