what are some home remidies for a clogged ear?

my ear has been clogged for over a week

Favorite Answer

Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with warm water is an easy and safe way to unclog ears. Just lay on your side and pour it in the ear. You should hear and feel the clog break apart. After a few minutes you should be able to drain the ear and its content.

My mother used to use this method when I was younger. Here's a link if you don't believe me.

Edit: Unless it is clogged to the point where you can't hear or it's painful I reccommend not going to a doctor. They'll either tell you the same thing I did or give you something similar that will cost you more money. This mehtod is completely safe if you follow proper precaution.

Clogged with what?

No matter what it is, I suggest you go to see a doctor since it's been clogged for such a long time. If I swim, my ears get and stay clogged for about 2 to 3 days, but they just return to normal. Your case might be serious.

You can put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in your ear; or many health foods stores sell "ear wax candles." They are funky honeycomb-looking candles...they'll come with instructions--but you'll probably want someone to help you. You take the candle and push it through the middle of a paper plate. Laying on your side have your helper hold it's end in your ear, light the wick and once it's burnt to a certain level remove it. It will be filled with icky earwax. It only takes a few minutes and you should be good as new.

Source(s): I had a roommate that was a whitewater rafting guide and I helped him use them regularly.

IF it is ear wax, try putting some peroxide in your ear let it sit for a few minutes, then tilt your head over the sink and using one of those things u used to suck snot out of a baby's head (u know with the little bulb looking end and u can suck water and stuff into it, i think its called a sarynge or something) anyway, fill it with warm water, but not too warm, and then put it in your ear and squirt it into your ear and allow the water to drain, if it is wax you will see the pieces start coming out, this happened to me a few days ago and I came online and found this little remedy, if its not that and something is in your ear you need to see a doctor, and it also might be sinus drainage.

Sweet oil. You can't get it at the local drug store. Place a few drops in the ear and put in a coton ball. If that it taking too long, hydrogen peroxide will help. Make sure to rinse afterwards.

Be careful. The inner ear is a delicate place. The three smallest bones are in there. I would see medical doctor. I wouldn't risk serious damage. Your balance and equilibrium could be affected if you make a mistake.

sweet oil is good for a clogged ear... or most any wax softener you can find in the pharmacy.

best answer - go see the doctor.

other remedies: couple of drops of mineral oil in the ear. this will clear wax.

I would go to the doctors and have them check it out they can recommend something for it, or you Can just call and ask to talk to a doctor

my grandmother use to put gingerale in her ear but she was kinda crazy