bob888 asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

is film violence effecting kids?how?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No parents not monitoring how thier children are percieving film violence is effecting kids. A film or game or tv show is nothing more then that. Each child handles what they see a differnt way. If you have a child that sees it as something cool and acts out then it you job to not allow viewing of them fora few years until they are mature enough to handle what they see. If you talk to your child about what they are seeing in terms they can understand then there shouldn't be a problem. The problem is too many parents prefer to take away everything that causes them inconvenience so they have less parenting to do when infact that is what parents are for. If you take all the violence and cursing ect out of everything in general while they are growing then boy are they in for a rude awakening when they get out into the real world. Monitoring and talking to your children is the key. I'm not saying kids should see everything but they should see what is apropriate for thier age and maturity level. The real world is not censored from these things so why should our fictional world be?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Films aren't to blame. If anything maybe the news. Parents are to blame for kids acting out. If a child watches a violent movie, they will emulate what they found interesting. Which the parents have to notice because children tend to run it into the ground. If the parents let this behavior continue then it will get worse, if they talk to their kids about it and explain that (so and so) can do that because he is a fictional character and isn't real, but this behavior is dangerous or deadly in the real world and they can work on healthier substitutions to the behavior.

• 1 decade ago

I do think it affects kids but I also think that it is the job of the parents to teach their kids right from wrong and have an active part in their lives and not put the blame on movies for anything their children do wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think some film violence might be effecting kids because when kids see or hear something on a movie, or t.v. show, they learn from it, repeat it, or act it out. especially if a kid really likes a certain actor/actress, and see them doing or saying something bad, then they think that it's "cool" or whatever, and copy it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i think so...

a child's mind is like a sponge, whatever you put in, they will absorb it... everything that their senses "sense" are absorbed by their brain (ex: touching hot water, smelling garbage bad odor, taste of chocolate, and in this case, violence seen by the eyes in violent films).

so if you have a choice, don't let ur child watch violent films... that is to prevent them from seeing violence at this stage. they might feel its normal. children think its fine to do it since they've seen it somewhere. and that's bad for them!Ü

Lv 5
    1 decade ago

i think so to an extent , for the reasons listed above

and dont forget the sex and drug content as will !

popular shows such as CSI it packed full of this crap .

one guy learned how to destroy DNA evidence from this show , and almost got away with killing someone !

unbelieveable right !

• John C
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Sure. It's showing them unrealistic and violent interpretations of the world.

• 1 decade ago

of course if u let alittle child incapable of tearing apart the real from reality.Don't let ur kid watch everything either.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

only if you are opening your child up to viciousness. What we watch has no bearing. It is what we are taught

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.