Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Did anyone notice that the last hurricanes hit the home states of Condoleesa Rice & President Bush?

Is it coincidence that these 2 American leaders are putting pressure on Israel to give up it's land, & their home states got hit? The hurricanes hit the same week America pressured Israel to give up their land!

Anybody notice that whenever America hosts an anti-Semitic world leader, somewhere in America on that very same day, a natural disaster happens?

Is this coincidence? What do you make of this? I am NOT looking to offend anyone; my apologies if it does. I just want honest feedback.

I challenge you to check the news headlines whenever America hosts Anti-Semitic leaders. Watch for yourself & see!

Best Answer

No...didn't notice that before...interesting

I don't think Katrina is the only thing that should be considered about Bush's record, but keep in mind that many of the Katrina problems suffered in New Orleans were due to a) unintentional engineering errors made decades ago, b) incompetent local and state leadership that did not prepare and did not cooperate with federal agencies to deal with the crisis, and c) poor management of the federal disaster response by the head of FEMA. No president can prevent natural disasters, engineering failures, or force local leaders and even private citizens to prepare for the disasters that you can expect and predict. Bush does bear responsibility for appointing the head of FEMA, so part of the blame falls on him. However, it isn't accurate to say that the federal government did nothing. The National Guard did tremendous work providing emergency shelter and search and rescue to people who should have been evacuated. Also, the federal government has had LOTS of aid available for people affected by Katrina, and neighboring states, like Texas, have provided a lot of assistance to evacuees. Bush probably should have chosen someone else to head FEMA, but Brown had done fine handling hurricane relief in Florida the year before. Katrina was a huge natural disaster and our response was inadequate, though not deliberately negligent- we can and should learn how to handle the next one better, but not all the blame can be laid on Bush.

Umm. When you consider that hurricane activity is up(which may be part of a cycle) and that the entire gulf coast is susceptible to hurricanes, your inference is flawed. Perhaps it would be a more valid question if you asked why we elected presidents who were from states vulnerable to hurricanes and picked cabinet members for those states as well.

The United States always gets natural disasters- in the average year we get hit with more hurricanes than anyone else, 98% of the major tornadoes worldwide happen here. Half the nation is on a flood plain. We are on several major fault lines, And we have several areas which are sensitive to drought-induced fires.

So your point being ?

Um, yes, this is a coincidence.

To be clear, hurricanes are caused by climactic processes, not by political decisions.

Your claim that America hosting an anti-Semitic world leader sounds great, but where's your evidence?

You might experiment with explanations that focus on meteorology, rather than politics and metaphysics. It's gonna be more accurate.

Is that the same coincidence that had hurricanes hit those states when Clinton was president? Maybe mother nature doesn't give a rat's *** about politics. But then your sense of ironic fun would be all messed up, and that doesn't fit into your tiny head.

Hurricanes have been hitting Florida, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, Cuba, Haiti, etc. for pretty much all of recorded history. I live in Florida. There are stories about hurricanes that have been handed down by the native tribes here. The areas you mentioned are prime targets because of their georgaphic locations. There's no other correllation.

I think I know where your trying to go with this, maybe your saying that God is creating adverse weather conditions to possibly get the politicians to stop doing what they are doing or else. If that's the case, then you are going to have try and explain the other natural disasters that happen all over the world almost on a daily basis.

I understand you area trying to establish a pattern, but those are areas that have been hit for the last 100 years...

You'll need to provide more evidence to substantiate your claim.

I will be worried when they hit the Playboy Mansion !!!