Ford Escape, Jeep Liberty, Honda CRV, or Chevy Equinox?

I would like buy a small, used SUV. Which is best? What makes the Escape, Liberty, CRV and Equinox great? What makes them not so great? What about other makes & models?

Thank you!

Best Answer

The CRV is the absolute best.

Both the Liberty and Escape have a high reliability score. Therefore, you should also consider the Mazda Tribute and the Mercury Mariner because both are rebadged Ford Escapes.

The Equinox has a bad reliability record so its new Pontiac Torrent twin probably will too.

Stylewise, I'd prefer the Liberty.

ALSO, if you plan to do some seroius off-roading, then the absolute best for this purpose is the Liberty. It's the most rugged and tough in the compact SUV segment.

Good luck with your purchase!

Life is a long road trip, so go out there and drive.

I had an 05 Escape and had no problems with it at all! It was great in snow, and felt just the perfect size! You can get extended warranty if you sleep better which you can buy until you have the factory warranty. I think the Jeep will eat a lof of gas! The Rav4 or the CRV is the best out of these pick, me, I would pick Toyota over the CRV, these two will hold the value the best, most reliable and great on gas. The Rav4 comes in V6 too, which is very fast and will still be better on gas than the Jeep. I don't like the Element, I test drove it and felt very slow and I would not put my kids in the back, it just weird... But if You like the Ford, You should get that, its you, who is going to have to live with it! I see soooo many of the new bodystyle, it can't be that bad! Good luck!

Jeep Crv

• stabs

Old Jeep Liberty

CRV. Great on gas. One of the most reliable cars on the road according to Consumer Reports. Very comfortable. Lowest center of gravity out of the bunch (less likely to roll over). Arguably the smoothest suspension. Prices on used models ain't bad, either

Jeep Liberty... not so great. no so road-worthy on the highway..... constanty need to steer to keep it tracking straight at speeds over 60. And don't get a 4-cylinder... underpowered, even w/ a std shift trans. My old Jeep cherokee is fabulous at highway speeds. Sold the Liberty, still have the 7 yr old Cherokee. Looking at an Escape next.

Source(s): Experience

1

Source(s): Self Defence Training http://netint.info/UltimateSelfDefenseGuide/?VC15

I've had Honda 2000 Accord, 2003 Pilot, and now 2006 pilot. I tell you, no problems what so ever.

Anything that is a Honda is Excellent!! Jeeps are way too hard on gas/

Jeep liberty. It's built to last, runs great, full of convenience. It's all american so the parts are cheaper and easier to find, too.