is it ok to wear white before memorial day?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The rule was NEVER "Don't wear white before Memorial Day." It was "no white SHOES" before Memorial Day or after Labor Day. My mother instilled this in me. (And she also taught me no patent leather shoes before Easter. Easter was officially the first day I could wear my new black patent-leather maryjanes.) And of course, if you couldn't wear white shoes, you also couldn't carry a white bag (because your handbag always matched your shoes). I know there are those people who think that fashion is changing, but when I see a female in white shoes and it's not summer, I think, "Poor child. Either she can't afford a second pair of shoes or her mother didn't teach her to dress properly."

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

is it ok to wear white before memorial day?

Source(s): wear white memorial day: https://tr.im/YX3Pm
  • 1 decade ago

You can wear anything at any time... That rule is no longer in effect :) I even saw on TV that New Brides are getting away from white for their big wedding day. It's a new life style, go for it !

• 1 decade ago

The way fashion has evolved, it's like, anything goes!! Have you seen the latest styles in the malls? $150 for paint splattered, torn and ripped, jeans. It's not even colorful paint, it's white! People are wearing big faux fur coats and cowboy boots,together! Yes!! Wear white!! Only 80 year old ladies will look at you funny, and what's funnier, is that even THEY are in style now!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Of course. I have yet to hear about the Fashion Police arresting someone who wore white before Memorial Day. :) Clothing catalogues have tried to persuade people that wearing white all year long is acceptable, hence, they came up with "winter white" clothing. Do as you please, GF!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sure, they make clothing in Winter white for that very reason

• 5 years ago

after 65 years of obeying the "white" rule I am going rogue....I no longer care what other people think and it is so refreshing

• 1 decade ago

Go ahead and wear it if you want. Who really cares other than people with nothing better to think about?

• 1 decade ago

Well, they use to say no, but I think fashion has changed its mind now and has decided it is OK.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, because white represents purity or innocence. it also represents bland and sterile. white is one of my favorite colors.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.