Is the National Dean's List a scam?

I received a letter stating that I have been nominated by someone to be on THE NATIONAL DEAN'S LIST. I currently am on the dean's list at my college, so I am not sure whether this letter is a scam. Does anyone know?

Favorite Answer

Somewhat they would like you to purchase the book as well.

The Deans list for college is a better list. You dont need it unless you need validation for your accomplishment, but as a college student (on the deans list) your already on track.

Good Luck

Anytime a company asks for money to advertise your name (even as a Dean's Scholar) it is a scam. The only people buying the book are the people whose names are listed in the book. No one else would want a list of names. SCAM. Don't send your money!

• Lisa

YES it is!!! And so is, Who's Who Among American High school Students and The National Honor Society. It's just a scam for you to buy those books and pay to put your picture inside to remember the accomplishments you achieved. And when you and your family members buy and receive them, you have to look through hundreds of pages with a magnify glass just to find your name.

I've never heard of such a thing. It probably is a scam, especially if they want you to send them money to be recognized. I think being on the dean's list at your college is accomplishment enough.

• Al

I looked it up online and came up with the source listed. It looks like one of those scams designed to get you to buy their book. I have certainly never heard of them before. But, take a look at their site and make your own determinations.

NO