Tex
Tex asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 2 decades ago

Why does everybody hate Dr. Phil?

I've talked to allot of people and I find it starnge that everyone hates Dr. Phil. Why do you think that is?

• 2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

It couldn't be everyone, because people are still watching his show.

I know a psychiatrist who says that he thinks what Dr. Phil does is very unethical because he tries to give people advice without thoroughly investigating their mental health. You've got to remember that Dr. Phil's show, like many other television shows, is simply there to sell advertising. Any benefit to others is secondary.

1

Source(s): Phone Medical Consultations Anytime : http://onlinephysician.neatprim.com/?AYne

"Dr" Phil is a narcissistic Jerry Springer. There ISN'T a single day where he isn't pushing one of his books, or his wife's makeup, or his Drs. On Demand, or his son's book publishing company. It is disgusting. Now some insurance companies are wanting people to use these new graduate phone Drs. rather then to pay for you to get a real exam in person to save the insurance company from paying out as much money. Unbelievable. You people that watch him should be ashamed of yourselves. Phil only cares about Phil and his family and how much money they can all make. Watch Ellen instead. She gives needy people things EVERY day. She NEVER hocks crap on her show unless it goes to charity. A MUCH better human being.

Because it's an asshole and no one likes it I hate phil it's mean, it's fat, and it's ugly it's not a doctor it's so stupid it probably doesn't even know what 2 + 2 is lol some people say he and call it a doctor but it's an it to me lol

2 decades ago

I believe, from what I've heard, that everyone seems to hate Dr. Phil because he is a psychologist that tries to help people on tv, without getting to know them better before exposing their life on tv. Most psycologists know their patients before trying to solve the problem.

• 2 decades ago

I think Dr. Phil is not generally liked because he comes off as a know it all. To me he acts like he is better and his life is sooooo great. When in fact I've read just the opposite. But you know who I like? His son, he used to be on a remodel reality show and he seems down to earth and genuine.

I can't stand anyone who has such a huge ego and exploits the pain of others to line his pockets.

"Dr." Phil and his wife, Robin, are busy enjoying the money made off of other's misfortune

2 decades ago

Not everyone hates Dr. Phil. I do though. My mom loves watching it. I think that it is just the guys that hate it so much.

2 decades ago

I don't really like him, but I never watch the show. Saw it today while I was having lunch and he goes to a commercial break every few minutes. That is annoying.

He's an arrogant, self-righteous ******. He gets people on that stage who are completely screwed up and he berates them with his holier-than-thou script. He totally exploits people. It's shameful and I can't believe no one calls him out on it. He had Shelley Duvall on his show and she was TOTALLY out of her mind. He just kept pumping her to talk so he could get ratings and the poor woman had no one watching out for her. He is shameful, absolutely shameful!

• 2 decades ago

He appears to be to fake, or to perfect. Poeple should be able to relate to someone, not say "It's easy for you to say" when looking for advice. When solving a persons debt problem of $65,000 he paid for the entire thing on the show so he could lead a new life. How does that help? What did that person learn? Go on TV and beg, and your problems are solved? How does that help the person who is $15,000 in debt?

We need relating situations, we need to learn from the past. Not from someone who appears to never make mistakes.