How many people did Saddam Hussein kill??

Just need an answer really quick please. I'm doing a web site

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Estimates vary and are continously raised as more Iraqis come forward. Some estimates exceed 6 million civilians during his official reign depending on if one counts the WMDs used on the Kurds and the destruction of the Shia in Basera and the sounthern wetlands areas, but even these don't take into account his hienous actions before becomming dictator. A reference point for estimating how many people died would be that US Troops found %50 of Iraqis knew of, or were related to, someone Saddam killed throughout his life.

But we are still digging up mass graves and trying to ID bodies.... He didn't do what the Serbs did and use a saugsage factory to grind the poor victims up, which makes counting bodies easier (I don't mean that to sound callous, but after seeing that site in Brcko, Serbia I was sick beyond belief) but he did things equally as cruel. Things his paternal uncle, a NAZI ally in WWII would have loved just as much. His son, Uday, used a printing press or some other type of double roller press to crush victims feet first, and then there was the electic shock rooms filled partially with water, and the underground prisons were he kept children as leverage against their families (UK found them), and the list goes on, and on, and on.

So trying to do the forensic analysis is difficult, as is getting an accurate count of bodies.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree with "cgalloway1973"...and you know what? I really hope that oneday a law will be passed to crminalize iraqis genocide denials just like holocaust..I really feel jews pain when one deny their sufferings. because i feel same pain when one deny our sufferings from Sad_damn. It's very offensive when one come from far remote restricted media country in arab nation to tell that USA did more or saddam is better!! while we got killed and suffer alot.. those who deny are just enjoy other sufferings and wanna gain politcal benifits. but I tell those who deny, that I lived such situations and we saw the army doings on us. we didn't do anything, and USA never did same. my city twice invaded one by Iraqi Army and once by American army...the worst time was under Iraqi Aramy which was all labeled by sectarian motos too. and many mass graves revealed...hard to count how many...but hundreds of thousands absolutely and could reach more..since even Iraq-Irani war left Iraq with over 500 thousands.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's easier to find out how many he didn't kill. Thousands of Kurds were gased, etc.

• 1 decade ago

I know about 148 SHIA, and totall Over 1000.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

About as many as the US has, I am thinking.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.