latin to english translations?
can you tell me what this means in english?
1. alter ego
2. bone fine
3. carpe diem
4. cogito, ergo sum
5. de facto
6. et alia (at al.)
7. et cetera (etc.)
8. exampli gratia (e.g.)
9. ibidem (ibid.)
10. ed est (i.e.)
11. in excelsis
12. ipso facto
13. nota bene
14. persona nongrata
15. quid pro quo
i also have some latin phrases that i would like translated into english:
1. ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant
2. veni, vidi, vici
3. dum vivimus, vivamus (last word might be viviamus)
please help if you can! :)
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Other personality 2. Good ending 3. Seize the day 4. I think, therefore I am 5. In reality 6. And others 7. and the rest 8. For example 9. From the same text 10. That is 11. In the highest 12. By definition 13. Note well 14. Undesirable person 15. Equal exchange, one for another 16. exactly as written/spoken 17. Hail Caesar. We, who are about to die, salute you. 18. I came, I saw, I conquered. 19. While I live, I ...
- TheMoonLv 41 decade ago
1. alter ego 2. fine bone 3. snatches diem 4. cogito, I raise sum 5. facto says 6. et alia (at to the.) 7. et cetera (etc.) 8. exampli gratia (and. g.) 9. ibidem (ibid.) 10. and
east (the. and.) 11. in excelsis 12. ipso facto 13. note well 14. person nongrata 15. quid benefit quo 16. verbatim the also have burdens latin phrases that the would like
translated into english: 1. ancestors, Caesar, morituri you salutant 2. veins, I saw, districts 3. dum vivimus, vivamus (last word might drinks viviamus)Source(s): http://ets.freetranslation.com/
- LananiLv 61 decade ago
I know some of these, but not all. My Latin is a little rusty, it's been years since I studied.
1. Other self 3. Seize the day 4. I think, therefore I am (Descartes)
7. And so on... 11. In the highest 14. A non-wanted person
15. Tit for tat, so to speak 16. Word for word (exactly what the person said)
Veni, vidi, vici, means "I came, I saw, I conquered"Source(s): High school Latin... a couple of the other people are wrong... trust me, these are right.. I didn't answer the ones I didn't know.
- iahawkeLv 41 decade ago
1. I; self.
3. Seize the day
4. To be; exist
6. Other, another, someone else, something else
7. for the rest; otherwise
8. to thank; gratitude
9. at the same time, in that moment, for that matter
10. it is right; it is fitting; it is lawful
15. to which place, to what place, whither, where.
16. ?Source(s): http://www.sunsite.ubc.ca/LatinDictionary/
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
carpe diem is seize the day, and i think the university of pheonix has a good latin/english english/latin translator online.
- 1 decade ago
im sooo sending this link to Mrs. Hayden, she would KILL you, jk.im so saving this question though, give that guy B4 me best answer. And do somthing about the idiot. lovee youuuu.
- 1 decade ago
go to the websters translation page
- DramaGuyLv 71 decade ago
yes I can.