What is a "cracker"?

Is the term cracker common used term in IT?
Update: I'm doing a study of race and the IT field. I'm trying to figure out which term is more common; "cracker" or "script monkey". Either one of them could be used to mean something racially derogatory depending on the person it's said to, who's saying it context etc. For... show more I'm doing a study of race and the IT field.

I'm trying to figure out which term is more common; "cracker" or "script monkey".

Either one of them could be used to mean something racially derogatory depending on the person it's said to, who's saying it context etc.

For instance, a statement like; "...I need you to be more than just a script monkey..." said to a black person who doesn't right or read scripts could be taken the wrong way.

Sounds like from reading some replies the same thing could go for the term "cracker".

I'm trying to figure out which one is more commonly used in IT right now for a study.

Thank you for your help