How do i buy a motherboard?

What are some of the specs that i should look for in a motherboard? (Eg. Bus speed)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My husband built our latest desktop and was very pleased with the products and service at newegg, motherboard products in link below:

• Login to reply the answers
  • n-h
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

first,you should list the features you need.

for example need network or not,need a special video(VGA) or sound card or not.

if you need network you can buy a lan onboard mainboard.if you don't need a special video(VGA) or sound card you can buy them onboard.

ASUS motherboards are good choices because they are cheap with good features.GIGA motherboards are good too,with a lot of different models.foxconn is a new motherboard with good features.

then you should check if you want ddr2 rams and sata hard drives for better speed.your mainboard should support ddr2 and sata.it's better if you have more "ram and pci" slots.you should check if you need intel or AMD CPUs.your motherboard should support it.

I think the best chioce for not a special user is a motherboard with these features :

AMD support upgradable to higher CPU speed,DDR2 RAM with 3 and above slots,SATA HARD drive,

PCI and PCI-E slots,LAN and sound onboard (not VGA)

good luck

why don't you pick my answer as the best?????

• 1 decade ago

You can buy a motherboard from online stores as well as traditional stores such as Office Max, Wal-Mart. You could get one replaced free of charge if the computer is still under warranty from the company that you purchased the computer from.

• 1 decade ago

You want to get a motherboard that supports the type of processor, memory, and video you desire.

A good way to get introduced it to read a good on-line buyer's guide.

http://arstechnica.com/guides.ars

There guys always have solid recommendations. They'll set you up with a budget box, a mid-level, and a high-end computer from the ground up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

u can hardly find motherboard in stores like bestbuy or circuit city, etc.. however if u go onto their websites u will find it available for purchase and the new one out there is pantium D (dual prossesor .. its awesome)

• Harley
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Go to circuit city and say, "Hey Man... I want a motherboard."

• 1 decade ago

you should find out about your prosseser bus speed & the you can see the most sported bord to your perafrils

• 1 decade ago

check out the dell online site and then you can buy it online - you'll need a valid credit card

• 1 decade ago

With currency.

• 1 decade ago

with the will to get up of your lazy but and the will to buy it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.